New Scanner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Scanner

Greetings all, I just purchased a long needed scanner. It was getting to be very frustrating trying to take digital photographs of my pictures in order to post them here. I bought a Epson "Perfection" 3590 Photo. One of the neat features of this one that I have never seen before is the 35mm film loader. I have not used it yet, but in theory, it allows you to feed 35mm film directly into the scanner and produce digital images. This is probably not news to you photo guys who are more up to date on your scanning equipment, but it was a surprise to me. Anyway, just wanted to know if anyone else has this type of scanner, how reliable they prove to be, and what the overall opinion is. I have a couple of weeks to take it back if I don't like it. However, the quality of scans it has produced so far have been very pleasing.
    Interested in candid/private Hitler, KIA, and Holocaust photos. Also any AH related memorabilia--silverware, linen, crystal, china...
    All the best,
    Chris

I have an Epson Perfection 4990 Photo which is an upgraded version of your model. It's brilliant!
    Max.

Comment

I use a HP Scanjet 4670. It's not a flatbed scanner but is a bit like a kind of glass plate that sits in a stand but which can be taken out and put on to whatever you wish to scan. I find it much better to use than a flatbed scanner when it comes to things like scanning pages in thick books, scanning photos in albums and that sort of thing. Comes with a negative scanner thingy too.

Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

3590 is more than enough for ordinary photo scanning, but when you need to scan large transparency (not just 35mm) and need power of ICE (mostly for color image restoration) 4990 is for you.

Comment

Thanks for all the evaluations gents, at least I know I didn't pick a dud here, which is what I was worried about. They just opened a new Best Buy store here in Honolulu, so I got this one on sale--part of the introductory stuff.
          Interested in candid/private Hitler, KIA, and Holocaust photos. Also any AH related memorabilia--silverware, linen, crystal, china...
          All the best,
          Chris

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X