wound badge document opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wound badge document opinions

Hello all I just got a photo album from the estand and was curious about this document. I know next to nothing about these and fortunatley this wasn't the motivation to buy the album, but all the ones I have seen has a stamp in the lower corner. I tried looking up the flak unit but to no avail. Would love to hear some thoughts on this. Thanks! Mike
    Attached Files

I think it's fine Mike, this is the unit in question http://www.ww2.dk/ground/flak/abt/gem526.html

I don't know where it was exactly in 1942 but i do have a little information on this particular batterie from nov. '44. It was stationed, along with the rest of the abteilung in the Stavanger area of South Norway and was equipped with 10.5cm guns
    Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Thanks Simon. I guess I couldn't navigate that site too well as that was one I came accross. From the album, if I assume it belonged to this man, it appears he was in Russia with army group nord as there is a small map showing St. Petersburg. So at least his unit spent some time there. This might be a stupid question but this is a Wehrmacht unit correct? Thanks again! Mike
      Originally posted by Simon orchard
      I think it's fine Mike, this is the unit in question http://www.ww2.dk/ground/flak/abt/gem526.html

I don't know where it was exactly in 1942 but i do have a little information on this particular batterie from nov. '44. It was stationed, along with the rest of the abteilung in the Stavanger area of South Norway and was equipped with 10.5cm guns

Comment

I don't like the brigthness of the paper, the capitalization of "Schwere", the commander's signature (doesn't look like a period handwriting style to me), and the lack of a unit stamp.

Comment

Hi, I scanned the doc first in greyscale and adjusted it. Here is a color scan with no enhancements for quality, etc. Mike
          Originally posted by F L Clemens
          I don't like the brigthness of the paper, the capitalization of "Schwere", the commander's signature (doesn't look like a period handwriting style to me), and the lack of a unit stamp.
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi Mike

Yes this is a Wehrmacht unit you're correct, the wehrmacht being made up of the Heer, Luftwaffe and Kriegsmarine. Luftwaffe if that's what you were asking.

A capital S in schwere is a mistake but you see many a typo like that. Lack of a stamp is also something you come across on occasion.
            Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X