BD Publishing

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A proposal to all the photo enthusiasts in the forum...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A proposal to all the photo enthusiasts in the forum...

finis
    Last edited by seekwhence; 11-28-2005, 12:00 AM.

f
    Last edited by atomicmisfit; 03-11-2006, 09:46 AM.

Comment

Same here,give me 2 weeks and i'll show you some pretty cool pics.

Eric
      Originally posted by atomicmisfit
      im in Dave :-)

ill be able to post some very tasty images but only in two weeks, working abroad at the moment and wont get back to my computer for a while, but in 2 weeks, "say hello to my little friends"

PS. hope your having a great summer.
      Regards.
      Ian

Comment

I am late on this one Dave, but my 02 cents.
        I am not a collector of photos in the sense that other members here are, I merely need the images for my research on soft skin vehicles which is my particular area of the militaria hobby field. So, my photos would most likely not fit your criteria.

However, I am also an occasional modeller and belong to a number of modelling web sites and this is a very popular "theme" on most of them. Who has the nicest Tiger model or Mustang model or whatever. Usually it generates a lot of interest and enrichens the site.

I will, however, go through my archives and see if I can find something interesting.
        Cheers
        Bill

Comment

f
          Last edited by atomicmisfit; 03-11-2006, 09:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by seekwhence
            Hello fellow picture aficionados,
            I have seen some incredible images posted in this forum and I was wondering if the members would like to have a contest to find THE most interesting or compelling example. Perhaps the members could post several of their finest and simply let everyone choose their favorite image from the group. Is there any interest in a contest like this?

Dave (seekwhence)
            I would like to see this take place. I love seeing the photos that some of you have and I bet that this would bring out some amazing pictures. Count me in.

JasonS

Comment

Sounds good to see a selection of the best photos out of our collections.
              I am not really that competitive in collecting so for me it doesn't have to be a contest, but perhaps there would be more interest if we do make it a contest?

Comment

Well, someone has to start.

As I said, I do not collect photos for the sake of it but, I did inherit from my father six photo alblums from his service in China 1937-1940 with the US Marines. I also transferred many reels of 8mm film to tape which someday I will break down into individual images.

So, even though the subject matter is incorrect for this forum, I offer one of my favorites taken by my Dad as it at least fits the criterea of coming from an original alblum. It is of a US Marine on guard near a Chinese temple in 1937.
                Cheers
                Bill
                Attached Files

Comment

finis
                  Last edited by seekwhence; 11-28-2005, 12:02 AM.

Comment

Dave, sounds like a wonderfull idea. Though like Tim, I am not into the competiveness of collecting but will post a few of my favorites here for everyone's enjoyment. Mike

first one. A few gebreigsjeager scaling a mountain side.
                    Attached Files

Comment

I like this because of the angle and the looks of the soldiers as they look accross the terrain. Mike
                      Attached Files

Comment

Mike:

Second photo is neat. Looks like there was quite a wind up.
                        While not for competition, you might enjoy the following from China
                        Attached Files

Comment

And one more.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Thank Bill! I would love to see more photos from that album! really wonderfull shots!

oh by the way, that sign reads a lot like instructions sheets we still get in things we buy from china..lol got to love the syntax...

Originally posted by Bill Murray
                            Mike:

Second photo is neat. Looks like there was quite a wind up.
                            While not for competition, you might enjoy the following from China

Comment

Hello
                              Perhaps not the best picture i have seen, but i like it a lot.
                              Its very representative for the situation of many german soldiers stationed in Norway. Kind of farewell to the arms, and back to the plough. In the background a officer walking in the field, perhaps both came from farms in Germany ?
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X