GermanMilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My First Candid Hitler Album--Enjoy it with me.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Akira Takiguchi
    I love photo #18. Dear EKman, photo collecting is not about collecting unique photos (there are many "pretty unique" ones though). Many prints can be made from negatives (they are all 1-generation. A claim that there is "one true print" is a bull---t). Also, optical reproduction (photos of photos) were common when negatives were not available. Optical reproduction often features too strong contrast and slightly bad granularity and/or focus. Sometimes reflections and/or texture on the original photo is apparent. But I believe that there is no real way to distinguish a real photo and a optical reproduction when it is professionally done, especially after seeing large (such as 8"x10") reproductions.

I am not sure what everyone means by the "press photos", but when I use it I mean "released as press photos" - with comments and copyright information attached in some way. Bildberichters took as many photos as they wanted and a small part of them were released as press photos. Bildberichters kept a lot in their own collection as plain prints. Generally, people seem to call it when the size is of "press photo". That's all.
    Thank you for your reply. I appreciate you taking the time to share some knowledge and insight with me, as always, so many on the Forum are willing to ignore the ignorance of someone new to a field (like me ) and explain something in its most basic form. I always try to return the favor when Iron Cross questions come up, and it is nice to find the same attitude elsewhere. By the way sir, I notice that you live in Tokyo, I had the good fortune of spending a year at Seinan Gakuin University in Fukuoka teaching English and History, I found much to admire in your country
    Interested in candid/private Hitler, KIA, and Holocaust photos. Also any AH related memorabilia--silverware, linen, crystal, china...
    All the best,
    Chris

Comment

With the reply of Hitler onboard some kind of ship - This is him onboard the E.S. Robert Ley of 1939.

Regards,
      Eddie
      Wilhelm Gustloff Museum

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
      X