SS Feldposts-Anyone read Norwegian?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello
    I have tried to translate the second letter. My english isnt that good, but the original intention are present, and i have tried to use the same words as the guy who wrote the letter.
    lolle

Riga 25/9-42
    Hello, fellow fighter and wife.

I recon i have to write some words to you at home at Nedre Eiker.
    Yes, now i have been fighting at the eastern front for 4 months, and i think the time has passed by rather quickly, as its always something to do.
    We should have had some of those "jøssinger"(pro royal, against germans and NS) from Nedre Eiker here, and they would soon have changed the view of their cause.They think Russia is a paradise, but its hell. For the time being im at a lasarett in Riga, Lettland, but im soon fit again, and can return to my comrades .....??....??(not sure what he write)
    Now we(?) are in great debt to Germany because we are allowed to fight against jewish and communist bad behaviour wich also treatend the norwegian people to the their downfall. Its a flow of vollunteers coming in from all places. And the places wich is occupied, the civil population greets the soldiers with flowers because the are free from the evil of communism.
    You might think its just a fantasy of mine, but i have actually experienced reciving flowers.
    You have a hard fight at the homefront, you are growing, and gaing new land and experiences.
    Its a good conncetion with the homefront after the opening of fronfighter offices in Norway and Berlin.
    And i urge everybody to support the frontfighter office who does a lot for the soldiers. With regularity we get the "Fritt Folk"
    ( norw. NS newspaper http://www.nordiki.no/FF010545.jpg ) and it is read with great interest. I have also recived a book today, and im soon finished with it, its called "Why war against Stalin". The book should be read by all, it has exteded material.(norw. innholdsrik=volume, but not size, the written material is good)
    I have to end it here, as im expecting "Fritt Folk" and to read the report from the 8 "Riks" meeting 25-26-27.( Norw. Riks, same as Reich in german)
    My adress is Erling Skar Feldpost nr. 45086 A. say hello to all fellow fighters at Nedre Eiker with a continuos fight for our leader(norw. Fører, as germ. Fürher) and our people, and the germanian "rike" (norw. Rike, as germ. Reich"
    Heil and Sæl(norw. NS salute)
    Greetings Erling
    Last edited by lolle; 06-13-2005, 03:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lolle
      Hello
      I have tried to translate the second letter. My english isnt that good, but the original intention are present, and i have tried to use the same words as the guy who wrote the letter.
      lolle

Riga 25/9-42
      Hello, fellow fighter and wife.

I recon i have to write some words to you at home at Nedre Eiker.
      Yes, now i have been fighting at the eastern front for 4 months, and i think the time has passed by rather quickly, as its always something to do.
      We should have had some of those "jøssinger"(pro royal, against germans and NS) from Nedre Eiker here, and they would soon have changed the view of their cause.They think Russia is a paradise, but its hell. For the time being im at a lasarett in Riga, Lettland, but im soon fit again, and can return to my comrades .....??....??(not sure what he write)
      Now we(?) are in great debt to Germany because we are allowed to fight against jewish and communist bad behaviour wich also treatend the norwegian people to the their downfall. Its a flow of vollunteers coming in from all places. And the places wich is occupied, the civil population greets the soldiers with flowers because the are free from the evil of communism.
      You might think its just a fantasy of mine, but i have actually experienced reciving flowers.
      You have a hard fight at the homefront, you are growing, and gaing new land and experiences.
      Its a good conncetion with the homefront after the opening of fronfighter offices in Norway and Berlin.
      And i urge everybody to support the frontfighter office who does a lot for the soldiers. With regularity we get the "Fritt Folk"
      ( norw. NS newspaper http://www.nordiki.no/FF010545.jpg ) and it is read with great interest. I have also recived a book today, and im soon finished with it, its called "Why war against Stalin". The book should be read by all, it has exteded material.(norw. innholdsrik=volume, but not size, the written material is good)
      I have to end it here, as im expecting "Fritt Folk" and to read the report from the 8 "Riks" meeting 25-26-27.( Norw. Riks, same as Reich in german)
      My adress is Erling Skar Feldpost nr. 45086 A. say hello to all fellow fighters at Nedre Eiker with a continuos fight for our leader(norw. Fører, as germ. Fürher) and our people, and the germanian "rike" (norw. Rike, as germ. Reich"
      Heil and Sæl(norw. NS salute)
      Greetings Erling
      Thanks so much for taking the time to translate this, Lolle! I cannot thank you enough. What a interesting letter, imo. I wonder if the writer was KIA?
      Thanks again!
      Karl Bandow

Comment

Looks to me like it is in danish. I recognize a lot of these words. Having trouble reading it thoug. If you could send me a a scanned picture I will try to help you.

Comment

Both letters are written by norwegians, and in norwegian language.
          Its written by two different persons and both are coming from the area of Drammen(south of Oslo), one seems to be well known in the area of Nedre Eiker that is close to Drammen.
          lolle

Comment

those are sweet karl, cnt wait to go to the shop this week
            tony

Comment

Still need any help with Norwegian tranlations?
              Last edited by PanzerAbt.Zbv40; 09-12-2005, 05:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lolle
                Both letters are written by norwegians, and in norwegian language.
                Its written by two different persons and both are coming from the area of Drammen(south of Oslo), one seems to be well known in the area of Nedre Eiker that is close to Drammen.
                lolle
                it is Norwegian indeed.

my my, the world aint that big.
                About the bottom letter in the top post, my post address is 3055 krogstadelva and the county is Nedre Eiker. Drammen is the city near by where I was raised.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X