Hello,

do you know that?

Kind regards

Köhler
    Attached Files

Comment

Flakartillerie

Hello,

this photograph came from KC holder Oberleutnant Gerhard Reichwald.
      I had the honor to know him during my studies in Berlin.

Kind regards

Köhler
      Attached Files

Comment

Köhler:

It is a little hard to see in your photo from Oberleutnant Reichwald, but I have some photos from I./Flak-Regiment 25 during the summer of 1943 which appear to show the same symbol.
        Jason

Comment

Hi

What unit would this Kubel car belongs to?

Cheers

Karl
          Last edited by eke_karl; 03-15-2007, 03:19 AM.

Comment

here is recent find. anyone have any thoughts? I have checked my sources but can find nothing resembleing this. Mike
            Attached Files

Comment

Hi R Michael

This photograph is mine, and I already put a request for identification in the same thread (page 7 n°100).
              regards patrick

Comment

re hi
                sorry for the precedent post , I had not seen your post in the other thread.
                i have one other picture of the same car, and your large plan of the badge did not make it possible to see that it was not the same photograph.
                very sorry , patrick

Comment

Patrick, don't worry at all. Shame I didn't see that in your prior post as I wouldn't have double posted. Did you get that from Rick? If so he must have had a fairly large amount from this unit as I know of at least 5 photos that he has sold in the last two weeks. Take care! Mike
                  Originally posted by s.pak
                  re hi
                  sorry for the precedent post , I had not seen your post in the other thread.
                  i have one other picture of the same car, and your large plan of the badge did not make it possible to see that it was not the same photograph.
                  very sorry , patrick

Comment

Anyone have any ideas? Shiny new EK2's as well - Andrew

Comment

Here is a new one. I have looked thru my few sources and can not find a Luft unit with this emblem. Mike
                      Attached Files

Comment

Andrew would love to see this photo. Could you re-submit? Mike
                        Originally posted by Andrew Hall
                        Anyone have any ideas? Shiny new EK2's as well - Andrew

Comment

Does anyone have an idea about the tactical marking on this Krupp?
                          The unit which it belonged to was equipped with SdKfz, PaK and motorbikes.

Comment

Hi Tim:

The top part, of the two items I can see on the emblem, is similar to the sign for "Infantry anti-tank platoon" except the only reference info I have indicates that it is not solid black but rather an outline figure if that makes sense.
                            In that the 3.7cm gun was primarily an anti-tank weapon, that would seem to fit. Hope that helps a little
                            Bill

Comment

It's a motorized Panzerjäger unit. Initially I thought that the bar below could be the unit marking of 58.Infanterie-Division, but the license number suggests otherwise...

Comment

Thank you both
                                The unit identification indeed matches the kind of photos that are in the album.

Here is another very interesting photo of a Demag from that same unit.
                                It has the same tactical marking and the word "Lüttich" on the other side. There are some photos in this album taking in Lüttich (Liège, Belgium). I wonder if this marking just indiquates that they have won a battle there (like the markings you find on allied tanks 1944-45), or does it mean something more?

Also, does someone recognise the death sign in the middle of the car? What does it stand for?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 8 users online. 0 members and 8 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X