Post your unknown unit and or tactical emblem photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mdunn View Post
    Here are a few more I have no idea about at all.

Picture 1.

Picture 2.

Picture 3.

Picture 4.

What does the K mean? What about the Y?
    Pic 1 is a Motor Transport Company.

Pic 2 appears to me to be a Pionier Company, if that is you agree with me that the symbol is a double headed arrow.

Pic 3 is the Abteilung HQ , indicated by the solid white pennat,of an artillery unit, indicated by the solid "wheels" on either side of the vertical line and the two strokes on either side of that line. The unit's number is actually painted below the tactical symbol, is it 83 ?

Comment

Originally posted by Alanmccoubrey View Post
      The star might well be the symbol of MG Btln 10 but the tactical symbol is for the RHQ of a foot infantry regiment. Note the lack of the little wheels under the rectangle, this indicates a none motorised unit, the plain rectangle means Infantry and the R indicates regiment.
      Alan,

Larry had posted a picture back in the early parts of this thread and its the same symbol, so cool thats sloved. For writing purposes what is the propoer way to write this? That Unit logo is MG Btln 10, foot Infantrie Rgt.

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Alanmccoubrey View Post
        Pic 1 is a Motor Transport Company.

Pic 2 appears to me to be a Pionier Company, if that is you agree with me that the symbol is a double headed arrow.

Pic 3 is the Abteilung HQ , indicated by the solid white pennat,of an artillery unit, indicated by the solid "wheels" on either side of the vertical line and the two strokes on either side of that line. The unit's number is actually painted below the tactical symbol, is it 83 ?
        Guys,

Is picture 1, a Motorized Infantry platoon 1 or Motorized Transport platoon 1? Which is it?

Mike

Comment

What's this?

Comment

Here is the two pictures to better help everyone, these are for my book so please dont repost them.

Comment

Hi Mdunn,

to the first pic with the yellow star: the star could be the emblem of the 2. Infanteriedivion (mot.) (2nd motorized infantery division).
              The tactical sign with the R could mean Regimentsstab (staff of a regiment) with its Regimentszug composed with Fahrer (drivers) and Melder.

pic 1: 1. Zug einer Kraftfahrkompanie or 1. Kraftfahrkompanie

pic 2: looks also like the tactical sign of a Kraftfahrkompanie

pic 3: Stab II. (I.?) Artillerieabteilung (mot.) Artllerieregiment 65 (63?)

Source: Wofgang Fleischer: "Taktische Zeichen auf den Fahrzeugen des deutschen Heeres 1939 - 1945"

Regards

Bert

Comment

Originally posted by SIS 5 View Post
                Hi Mdunn,

to the first pic with the yellow star: the star could be the emblem of the 2. Infanteriedivion (mot.) (2nd motorized infantery division).
                The tactical sign with the R could mean Regimentsstab (staff of a regiment) with its Regimentszug composed with Fahrer (drivers) and Melder.

pic 1: 1. Zug einer Kraftfahrkompanie or 1. Kraftfahrkompanie

pic 2: looks also like the tactical sign of a Kraftfahrkompanie

pic 3: Stab II. (I.?) Artillerieabteilung (mot.) Artllerieregiment 65 (63?)

Source: Wofgang Fleischer: "Taktische Zeichen auf den Fahrzeugen des deutschen Heeres 1939 - 1945"

Regards

Bert
                Bert I uploaded bigger pics, did that help you?

Mike

Comment

Picture 6

Ok guys, here is another question. What is this on the front of this sidecar? Its a small triangel, I have no idea at all.

Picture 6

Comment

I think this image on this side car is the exact same thing? Does anyone know if i am correct?

Comment

Anyone have an idea?

Comment

According to Wolfgang Fleischer's "Taktische Zeichen auf den Fahrzeugen des deutschen Heeres 1939-1945" the 8-truncated pointed star is the symbol of "Kraftfahrpark"

Comment

Originally posted by Guillem Marti View Post
                          According to Wolfgang Fleischer's "Taktische Zeichen auf den Fahrzeugen des deutschen Heeres 1939-1945" the 8-truncated pointed star is the symbol of "Kraftfahrpark"
                          So this is not MG Btln 10, foot Infantrie Rgt?

Mike

Comment

Hi Mike,

please have a look on the site www.wwiidaybyday.com/emblems.
                            There You can find it under the category "Celestial objects".

Regards

Bert

Comment

Originally posted by SIS 5 View Post
                              Hi Mike,

please have a look on the site www.wwiidaybyday.com/emblems.
                              There You can find it under the category "Celestial objects".

Regards

Bert
                              Bert,

I have this bookmarked now and was able to pin point a few images. The ones i dont i will post.

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Mdunn View Post
                                I think this image on this side car is the exact same thing? Does anyone know if i am correct?
                                Ok, so is this 333.Inf.Div symbol? Its a Luftwaffe bike.

Mike

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 26 users online. 0 members and 26 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                                X