Attached Files

Comment

Aug09 - Portrait # 0024
          Attached Files

Comment

Aug09 - Portrait # 0025
            Attached Files

Comment

The following new additions all show Soldat/Grenadier Kurt Nindelt of 5./Grenadier Reg. 57 of the 9th Division. This division served as part of Army Group South.

Nindelt was wounded on 21 March 1942. He was shot in the upper left leg near the hip and spent a long time in hospital, being awarded the wound badge in sliver for this single wound on 31 March 1943.

Kurt was awarded the EK 2 on 16 April 1943 and the Ostmedaille on 5 July 1943 whilst still in hospital.

He was discharged as a Gefr. on 7 Sept 1944 as unfit for further service due to his left leg now being 5cm shorter than his right.

The only picture that may not be Kurt is the helmeted portrait.
              In that picture the soldat is missing the mole on the left side of his face near his nose. We can see this mole in the Waffenrock pictures.

It is hard to make out but there is a small amount of smudging on the helmeted picture where the mole should be. Maybe it was removed from the photograph.

I was told that when comparing pictures to see if it is the same person, one should always look at the ears. If I compare ears in the Waffenrock, Wherpass and Helmeted picture, I believe its all the same person.

The shoulder boards on the helmeted pic appear to Grenadier Green.

Tell me guys what do you think, is the helmeted Soldat Nindelt?

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Just came back from a trip this afternoon to my local dealer.
                              Here is what I came home with.

Early boards on a later tunic.

Comment

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 18 users online. 0 members and 18 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                                X