X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files
      Last edited by W Petz; 01-02-2008, 09:08 AM.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Scanner

Bill,

How many scanners have you worn out? Tremendous collection and so many details in each photo of huge interest to everyone.

All the best,

Mike

Collecting mint condition Imperial German uniforms, visor caps, and Pickelhauben.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Nothing special about the awards but a nice photo I think.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the great photo, Terry. Really appreciate seeing the waffenrocks.

Mike

Collecting mint condition Imperial German uniforms, visor caps, and Pickelhauben.

Comment

Terry - Excellent photo!! Thanks for sharing it.

Mike - Got plenty more...working my way through my portrait photo holders

Here are a few more arrivals today!
                      Originally posted by TerryG View Post
                      Nothing special about the awards but a nice photo I think.
                      Attached Files

Comment

...another LW Portrait
                        Attached Files

Comment

Two Brothers
                          Attached Files

Comment

History of the pictures

You wonder on many off these pictures did they survive the war,what happened to them in it or after it too.Bill you have never met one of the soldiers in your pictures at all too?.

Like a lot may have been dead or a prisoner when they ahd them taken off them(as was it normal for the german soldiers to carry there pictures around,like some would be at home maybe,and then may have had no allied hand touch them).And if you know at all,do many familes even have these picturess say on there display areas much,as with the WW2 past etc...They dont want to remember etc...,or some do and some dont, he familys choice,as if in there own home can show them, i would show them if i lost a family member in the war.
                            Last edited by Fallschirmjaeger; 01-04-2008, 11:19 PM.

Comment

Most of the photos I have in my collection come from my ventures in Europe...so you can pretty much rule out that they were taken off dead German Soldiers by Allied Soldiers. That is not to say it did not happen as it was quite normal for German soldiers to have photos of themselves and their families with them. I have in the past obtained photos from Families/relatives and the veterans themselves. Possessing photos all depends on the veterans, their families and the circumstances. I know some vets who have no photos of themselves...all was lost during the war and the same goes with the families. I also heard of stories where familiies threw them away or burned them...fortunately many families and veterans kept their photos.

Originally posted by Fallschirmjaeger View Post
                              You wonder on many off these pictures did they survive the war,what happened to them in it or after it too.Bill you have never met one of the soldiers in your pictures at all too?.

Like a lot may have been dead or a prisoner when they ahd them taken off them(as was it normal for the german soldiers to carry there pictures around,like some would be at home maybe,and then may have had no allied hand touch them).And if you know at all,do many familes even have these picturess say on there display areas much,as with the WW2 past etc...They dont want to remember etc...,or some do and some dont, he familys choice,as if in there own home can show them, i would show them if i lost a family member in the war.

Comment

Thanks

Thanks again Bill for the info,and i could see why some would burn or get rid of there photo's.So many vets realy could look in a FJ book or another WW2 one and possibly see themselves in a picture.

As so many pictures taken in WW2 by soldiers and official picture/film takers the possibilty of them in one could be good,but finding it out there too could be hard.It could be destroyed too,(but some may have never of course been in any of these).Like never met a FJ or other luftwaffe ground soldier who had never seen himself in one of these pictures you have Bill,like portrait type ones most likely of course.Ones in the field,in action etc...maybe more chance of,as the picture taker may never have showed them too the people in them and other reasons etc.....

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X