This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Larry,

Some great photos you have! For some reason you don't see pics of wolchow sticks very often but to my understanding just about every soldier had one because they were very popular. Thanks for sharing your photos here. Bill

Comment

It stands to reason that many soldiers had those sticks since the Wolchow stick is not an invention of its own, but rather just a variation to the traditional Spazierstock/Gehstock/Wanderstock in Germany and Austria, especially in hilly/mountainous areas.

Comment

I've noticed that particularly with the Luftwaffe it was quite common to see the lack of breast eagles on their flight blouses or waffenrocks prior to 1939. Here are a few more examples...first is portrait of another GG or HG member.

Originally posted by army_sniper View Post
        I noticed that none of the soldiers in these pics seem to have breast eagles on their unifrom jackets.

I can't recall ever seeing any pictures, until now, of that. Was that a typical situation?

Attached Files
        Last edited by W Petz; 08-09-2007, 02:30 PM.

Comment

Here a some Flak soldiers with their NCO who is wearing a breast eagle on his flight blouse.
          Attached Files

Comment

Here is a mixture of lower ranks & NCO's...all are without breast eagles.
            Attached Files

Comment

Here is a new acquistion...
              Attached Files

Comment

New pick....Serbien - November 1944
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Larrister View Post
                  Some recent pickups.

Can someone provide info on this pic. Who he belonged to, the uniform and the painted swaztika on his helmet.
                  You might want to post that on the Police forum. I know he is a policeman but maybe some of the experts over there can tell you much more about it. My guess is that this dates to 1933 or 34 and may be Prussian State Police.

Cheers, Bill Huber

Comment

Here is one more portrait that just arrived today.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Bill H. View Post
                      You might want to post that on the Police forum. I know he is a policeman but maybe some of the experts over there can tell you much more about it. My guess is that this dates to 1933 or 34 and may be Prussian State Police.

Cheers, Bill Huber
                      Hi Bill

Thankyou very much for the information. I have done as you suggested.

Cheers,
                      Larry

Comment

Some negatives I picked up from my good friend and forum member Jim. Here is a FJ wearing his jump and flak badges..negative has a few scratches but that is the way I got it as these negatives came out of an attic open to bird crap, mice, rats and changes of weather and fortunately most of them came out in decent shape.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by W Petz; 08-13-2007, 04:03 PM.

Comment

Here is a FJ marriage portrait with him wearing a HJ pin, Flak & Para Badge
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by W Petz; 08-13-2007, 12:09 PM.

Comment

Here is a nice Marriage portrait wearing the LW Flak & Heeres GAB
                            Attached Files

Comment

Here is another portrait negative of the same couple
                              Attached Files

Comment

Here is a nice Marriage portrait negative of the LW NCO wearing the Flak & LW Ground Assault, EK2, Silver Wound Badge
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 198 users online. 0 members and 198 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                                X