Attached Files

Comment

Award ceremony in Russia #2
      Attached Files

Comment

Award ceremony in Russia #3
        Attached Files

Comment

Award ceremony in Russia #4.....alot of white camo helmets!!!!
          Attached Files

Comment

a few new portraits that arrived #1
            Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Unfortunately the photo is rather dark. Tropical jacket with a flower war ribbon and the Romanian "crusade against communism".
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hello Terry,

Very interesting... in another thread (recent photos...) someone wrote that the Romanian crusade against communism ribbon could not be worn through the buttonhole...this is the second one I've seen. Thanks for sharing this photo - Bill

Originally posted by TerryG View Post
                      Unfortunately the photo is rather dark. Tropical jacket with a flower war ribbon and the Romanian "crusade against communism".

Comment

Hi Bill,

Greetings from Motherland. Hope you have a nice Labor Day in Holland.

Fantastic treat re RKT Wahl and ELT Klawe

Was there anything written on the back of #779 and #780 or if one could see name of bridge named after what looked like an Oberst?

#781 to #784 looks like a general... any thing written on the back?

Cheers
                        Elwyn

Comment

Originally posted by W Petz View Post
                          Hello Terry,

Very interesting... in another thread (recent photos...) someone wrote that the Romanian crusade against communism ribbon could not be worn through the buttonhole...this is the second one I've seen. Thanks for sharing this photo - Bill
                          I also thought this was unusual which is why I bought this poor quality photo. Maybe you can link this to the other thread you mention. Cheers.

Comment

Buttonhole ribbons seem to fall into a gray area as regulations were clear,
                            but it seems that the Romainian as well as the Italian medal and maybe a few others can be found in this position in period photos.

Al

Comment

Terry,

Here is the link to that thread...#686 Shows the photo and #687 says it's against regulation to wear in the buttonhole....Cheers! - Bill

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...126971&page=46

Originally posted by TerryG View Post
                              I also thought this was unusual which is why I bought this poor quality photo. Maybe you can link this to the other thread you mention. Cheers.

Comment

Ellwyn,

Thanks!! I'm off to Germany in the morning.....meeting up with friends....picking up more photos and negatives and then off to the Flonheim show on Sunday....hopefully finding alot more photos to add to my collection.

Those two pics on RKT Wahl and ELT Klawe came from a photo album I just picked up. Unfortunately no more pics of them were in it.

No writing on the back of #779 and #780. The sign says Oberst Eggeling Brucke. Also nothing on the back of #781 and #784.

Cheers! - Bill

Originally posted by Elwyn View Post
                                Hi Bill,

Greetings from Motherland. Hope you have a nice Labor Day in Holland.

Fantastic treat re RKT Wahl and ELT Klawe

Was there anything written on the back of #779 and #780 or if one could see name of bridge named after what looked like an Oberst?

#781 to #784 looks like a general... any thing written on the back?

Cheers
                                Elwyn

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X