Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fighting with Partisans was mostly very brutal. I have many such pictures as well from a relative who fought Partisans in Italy and from another relative who fought Partisans in France, ond also earned a Bandenkampfabzeichen in Silber.
    I'm glad he took photos of his dead comrades, even when their corpses were heavily desecrated, he also took pictures of dead Partisans they killed, never desecrated though but still often very brutal outcomes.
    I'm glad he took those pictures because people need to see the reality of partisan warfare in WW2, because sadly it has been romanticised.

That said, are we allowed to post such pictures on here? I would share some but i'm not sure what is acceptable and what is considered unacceptable.

Comment

Hello! There have many such photos posted here and have been here for quite some time. It’s fine to post such pictures.

Comment

#16438 Great photo! Would look great repaired with digital software. Worth the time learning how to do it

Comment

I agree, BlackWatch1! I just noticed that the banner in this photo sports a 'Reichstag/Governmental Eagle' at the top -- I wonder what relationship that had to the group of marchers in this parade contingent? There's always something new to discover in this hobby!

Cheers,

Br. James

Comment

Originally posted by Tomoko View Post
            Fighting with Partisans was mostly very brutal. I have many such pictures as well from a relative who fought Partisans in Italy and from another relative who fought Partisans in France, ond also earned a Bandenkampfabzeichen in Silber.
            I'm glad he took photos of his dead comrades, even when their corpses were heavily desecrated, he also took pictures of dead Partisans they killed, never desecrated though but still often very brutal outcomes.
            I'm glad he took those pictures because people need to see the reality of partisan warfare in WW2, because sadly it has been romanticised.

That said, are we allowed to post such pictures on here? I would share some but i'm not sure what is acceptable and what is considered unacceptable.
            Hallo tomoko

I am not a moderator and therefore I can not tell you if photos of this kind can offend someone's sensibility. However, here we are all adults and vaccinated and then I tell you that I personally consider interesting any historical document, identifiable, datable and attributable with confidence. On the other hand, the reality of the war is extremely crude and certainly it can not be exorcised by simply collecting some uniforms and then ignoring who (and under what circumstances) worn it. If this is true, it is even more valid for the irregular war, despite the propaganda of its principals ...

So, if someone thinks inappropriate to post these images, I will be interested in receiving them privately.

Best regards

Comment

It has been quite some time since I picked up any new photos and posted any here in one of my threads. I recently acquired what I believe is a German Panzermann POW small portrait photo. He wearing standard Army/Heer shoulder boards and no breast eagle which leads me to believe he is a POW.
              Attached Files

Comment

good to see your still about Bill, good luck this year good portrait too

Comment

John....Thanks! 2018 was not a good year for me...was busy with my second home out in Arizona...a death in the family and I've been ill on off so I've had no time for the hobby. One great thing did happen...I'm now a Granddad!!! My son and daughter in law had a baby girl back in September 2018 over in London, UK.

Originally posted by grndevil44 View Post
                  good to see your still about Bill, good luck this year good portrait too

Comment

Good morning Bill.

I'm happy to see you again. I have followed your disinterested efforts for many years to post a magnificent and huge collection of portraits that are a treasure trove of collector information. Please continue again.

I am very sorry for your past mourning and suffering, but they have been compensated by the arrival of your granddaughter to whom I wish every possible good.

Marcello

Comment

Hallelujah and there will be life in this old thread again, with the reappearance of the lost son. J

Comment

Marcello,

Thank you for your very kind words Sir!! I have started picking up a few photos here and there. Please be on the lookout for some Fallschirmjaeger in Italy photos that I recently acquired and will be posting them sometime soon once they arrive.

I must agree that my beautiful granddaughter has revived me somewhat as I was not in the best of spirits for the holidays. I do plan on continuing on acquiring more photos for my collection but not on the scale that I did in the past.

Originally posted by enorepap View Post
                        Good morning Bill.

I'm happy to see you again. I have followed your disinterested efforts for many years to post a magnificent and huge collection of portraits that are a treasure trove of collector information. Please continue again.

I am very sorry for your past mourning and suffering, but they have been compensated by the arrival of your granddaughter to whom I wish every possible good.

Marcello

Comment

Jacques......I've always been around...just not actively collecting but I do plan on contributing bits and pieces here and there. I do encourage others to continue on posting their own acquisitions to the benefit of us all.

Originally posted by jacquesf View Post
                          Hallelujah and there will be life in this old thread again, with the reappearance of the lost son. J

Comment

Originally posted by Tomoko View Post

Yes, partisan warfare was brutal....I have read a lot of partisan activity. I would post the pics.

Comment

I can only add my thanks. I've marked your photo threads and am continually stunned and amazed, and eager to see the next picture.

I think you could do a marvelous book just entitled "German Portraits of WWII" or along those lines.

Thank you for sharing so many wonderful pics to the forum.

Comment

Paintbrush.

Thank you for your kind words Sir! Believe me when I say my very close friends and fellow collectors continually tell me the same thing on writing a book. I'm just not a book writer! I leave it to my friends like Jim Pool and Karl-Heinz Muench.

Originally posted by paintbrush View Post
                                I can only add my thanks. I've marked your photo threads and am continually stunned and amazed, and eager to see the next picture.

I think you could do a marvelous book just entitled "German Portraits of WWII" or along those lines.

Thank you for sharing so many wonderful pics to the forum.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 25 users online. 0 members and 25 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,731 at 02:37 PM on Today.

Working...
                                X