Rommel's Son Autograph

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rommel's Son Autograph

Looking for comments on this autographed card by Manfred Rommel.

Thanks.

Sammy T.
    Attached Files

As with many autographs they may vary. I haven't any problem with yours. Here is another autograph with a "best wishes" line. They look alike to me. The florish of the L in Rommel is very convincing too.

Manfred Rommel once paid me quite a compliment on my ability to speak German in 1978 after meeting him in the street on the "Konig Strasse", just across from the Hauptbahnhof in Stuttgart. I'll never forget the chance encounter and always regret not calling his office after his invitation for me to do so, so we could speak some more. He was quite intrigued with my father's work as a crop duster and how that all worked. It was really foolish of me not to have taken him up on it and I regret it to this day. He was a good man and a respected politician too.
    Attached Files

Comment

vonSubben, what a great event for you to have met him. Thanks for the review and information. I can definitely see the similarities between the two.

Sammy t.

Comment

It's a match with my example from the 1980's.

Comment

thanks V V

Sammy T

Comment

Sammy, looks good to me. I corresponded with him in the last years of his life and he sent me the attached photos that I requested he sign. He also sent me a nice autograph from his father too! He was a very honorable man!
            Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for taking a look and posting JK. That must have been some interesting correspondence.

Sammy T.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
              X