Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brigade Jesser Kampfgruppen in the region of Bourg-Lastic in July 1944

Hello all !

My grand-parents were living in the region of Bourg-Lastic, a village in the Auvergne - center of France, during the second world war.

Unfortunaltely, Bourg-Lastic is know in history because of the shooting of 23 men by german soldiers - belonging to some Units of the Jesser Brigade - on the 15th of July 1944.

It appears that those shootings were a consequence of an attacked of the French partisans on a german column on the 7th of july 1944, where 22 german soldiers were shot dead.

The Jesser Brigade is quite "famous" of course and I have read quite a lots of threads about it on the internet, but nothing really compliant with my purpose.

Could anyone help in describing the Units (Kampfgruppen) of the Jesser Brigade and commanding officers that where spread in the region of Bourg-Lastic between the 9th and the 15th of July ?

I am quite sure the colonel Georg Coqui was there, if anyone can confirm and complete.

I would also be delighted to have pictures of the Jesser Brigade or of its commanding officers like Georg Coqui or others (except Curt Jesser himself who is quite easy to find, but was not at Bourg-LAstic in july 1944...).

Thank you for reading !!

And best regards

Laurent - France

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
X