X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello !

Final contribution from my side on this topic :
    The location of the Stadtkommandantur should have been at the corner :
    Avenue de l'Opera and Rue de 4-Septembre.
    (source is from a book : Paris (von 1800 - heute), by Thankmar von Münchhausen
    (but this is another Münchhausen, so I would assume, in this case the information should be true !)

Perhaps someone comes across this thread later on :
    I would still be interested on the exact tasks of the "Stadtkommandant Paris" !

Best regards,

Archi
    Attached Files

Comment

kommandantur opera

The kommandantur der Stadt Paris was at opera only from 1941, and then changed name as kommandantur der Gross-paris but dt know when it was changed and why.
      Cause at the beginning the kommandantur was in Ecole militaire.

Comment

Hello tistou48 !

I am sure, your info seems much more precise than provided in that book that I have cited.

Two questions :
        1.) It would be interesting to know, in which book you found it ?! (Perhaps there is some other useful info in there).

2.) Which timeframe do you refer to : "in the beginning" and how is that related to one of your first questions :
        Where was the Kommandantur by that time? [when von Briesen was Kommandant]
        Was it in the Ecole Militaire already then or did the Kommandantur change places several times ?

Thanks in advance,

Archi

Comment

details

From the french book published by Heimdal editions in 1994, called" Paris en guerre/ 1939-1945", there is 2 different chiefs in Paris in 1940.

1-Der Bezirkchef von Paris is Von Vollard-Bockelberg till september. The 8 of august 1940 it is under control of MBF.
          In september the Bezirkchef is Ernst Schaumburg.

2- Der Kommandant der Stadt Paris is the 4th of june 1940, General Von Studnitz from the 87 I.D.
          The division is quickly replaced by 30th I.D, so Von Briesen becomes the Kommandant der Stadt Paris.

Then i figure that the Kommandantur was in Ecole Militaire at that time?

The 1 march 1941, these 2 chiefs are united in one function, the Kommandant der Gross-Paris who is Ernst Schaumburg.

So the changing of writings above the opera building are following the evolution i guess.

But i have seen 3 different panel:
          - Kommandantur der Stadt Paris
          -Kommandant von Gross-Paris
          -Platzkommandantur

So..?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X