Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Abteilungs Adjudant "job description"

Hello gentlemen,

It's been quite a while I asked a similar, more generalistic, question on the job of an Adjudant.

Can you tell what was the job of an Adjudant on Abteilung/Regimental level? If possible, can you make it specific for an Adjudant of an Aufklärungs Abteilung?

I know they were assisting the Abteilungs Kommandeur (Rittmeister). Sometimes they were even holding the KTB up to date and they were providing a link to outside units, but can you give me the whole, detailed, job description?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Kind regards,
    vonleonhausen

I think you're already pretty much there.

admin and paperwork for the unit commander/command
    Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon O. View Post
      I think you're already pretty much there.

admin and paperwork for the unit commander/command
      Hi Simon,

Thanks for your answer! What type of administration and paperwork? Can you give me examples?

Were they also leading reconnaissance missions in very small groups (sometimes going up to 60km bevind enemy lines?)

I'm trying to reconstruct the days and activities of Adjudants so I like to have as kuch as information as possible

Thanks a lot in advance!

vonleonhausen

Comment

Were they also leading reconnaissance missions in very small groups (sometimes going up to 60km bevind enemy lines?)

yes, they do in the hard time.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=964121

Comment

Originally posted by vonleonhausen View Post
          Hi Simon,

Thanks for your answer! What type of administration and paperwork? Can you give me examples?

I'm trying to reconstruct the days and activities of Adjudants so I like to have as kuch as information as possible

Thanks a lot in advance!

vonleonhausen

Here's an example of typical paperwork carried out by the adjutant on behalf of his commander.

A military unit has a huge amount of very mundane and boring tasks and duties they have to carry out. Quarters, feeding and supply, equipment, leave, promotions, decorations, discipline, reporting up and down the chain, sports, you name it.

Of course a unit adjutant, just as any other member of the stab was soldier first so could carry out combat duties if and when required.
          Attached Files
          Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X