Japanese Type 90 Helmet "Sent" Back...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Japanese Type 90 Helmet "Sent" Back...

Hello. One of our members suggested that I add/relocate my post to this sub-forum in the hope that someone here could help I.D. my CB. If that is not possible, I am hoping that someone might lead me to the needed resources so that I could do it myself. I only have standard internet (no geneaology memberships, etc.), and have been unable to find this fellow doing the usual Google searches. I also no longer have photo hosting, so am unable to post images. If someone out there wouldn't mind, I could forward 4 photos for posting here.... Here is the repost:

Hello. This is my first post on this section of the Forum. I recently purchased a Japanese type 90 steel helmet that was sent back to the U.S. by a Navy CB. The helmet has been painted in CB fashion and was returned to the States in its custom field made box. The serviceman placed a number of address labels on the box and stapled postage stamps to the outside in order to guarantee postage home. The Navy man's labels read: R.L. Hubbard, CM2c, 17th. NCBat. USN, CC: A3, %F.P.O., San Francisco, CA The family stated that the relative did not survive the war and they believed that he was KIA on Okinawa. The 17th did appear to serve on both Iwo Jima and Okinawa. I have access to the standard internet only and have been unable to find anything other than the 17th CB's unit history. Any help or confirmation on this sailor and/or his service record would be most appreciated.

MikeB
    Last edited by MikeB; 06-18-2016, 08:43 AM.

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
X