Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

15th Panzergrenadier-Division in early Dec 1944

hey there!

i am currently looking for information concerning the place of action of the 15th panzergrenadier-division in early december 1944! i know the division took part in the battle of the bulge not too far from bastogne, but i have no information where the unit saw action beforehand on the western front.

any clues are highly appreciated!

thanks in advance!

matthias
    Last edited by matthias_AC; 09-02-2014, 02:24 AM.

i am pretty sure one of you knows something...

Comment

I used to have a WP to a member of the division that from memory had him being injured somewhere in Southern France around August time. Before that they were fighting in Italy and in the months before the Ardennes they were recuperating in Germany I believe.

The Divisional History is currently listed on German Amazon... http://www.amazon.de/Der-Weg-Panzerg.../dp/B006E60NF6

Comment

In Mitcham's OOB volumes it just states...
        "Sent to Southern France in September 1944, it was split up and scattered in 1. Armee's makeshift effort to slow the Allied advance. The next month it was finally pulled out of the line...and rebuilt under the direction of XXXXVII Panzerkorps.
        In November, it fought in the Battle of the Peel Marshes and in the Siegfried Line battles around aachen and Geilenkirchen."

Comment

here you go
          Attached Files
          Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon O. View Post
            here you go
            awesome simon, thank you! what book is it from?

also, thank you for the information! i didnt know there was a book about the 15th panzergrenadier, but as i really start to get into that unit i of course ordered it!

cheers!

matthias

Comment

Hallo Matthias,
              The book is in fact a home made (?) "repro" - pure black and white - that holds the 2 "very rare" books written by Kurt Albert RUST.
              A further very nice source (for the timeframe Dec 44 - Jan 45) is the historical division report by MAUCKE called P-032c.
              Cheers
              Peter
              Last edited by WARNACH; 09-14-2014, 02:17 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Seeing Simon's map reminded me that I have the DRK Divisionsschicksale. Here are the 3 pages for 15 Pz.Gren.Division.
                Attached Files

Comment

And the only map for the division which shows their time in Italy up to August 1944....
                  Attached Files

Comment

How many casualties had the Division in September/October 1943?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X