No announcement yet.

Whereabouts of Peiper's medals?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is the only forum that persists with un funny predictable middle aged and no doubt pot bellied so called jokes.....always following the same banal line......and never funny.

Asides from that I agree....Peiper would have discarded his gm years ago o would think...
    Last edited by Obersalzberg; 10-17-2013, 04:37 AM.

Comment

You should be damned thankful for what you have and that you are free due to those Americans…

Comment

or more precisely those damned Russians!!

Jim

Comment

Well, good point and point accepted but America played a decisive roll vs. them too…. I only make this distinction (not ignorant to other very significant commitments by other Allied nations) because of someones reference to “theft” by Americans in the thread.

War is hell!

Comment

Originally posted by ichabod View Post
            Does anyone know the whereabouts of Jochen Peiper's Medals. Does his son or daughters have them. Were they destroyed in the fire at his home in France. Just curious. Thanks.
            Didn't he lose them during his time at Schwabish Hall?

Comment

I think I have read they were stolen by US soldier and some time after given back to the family.

Comment

Many replies in this topic tell us much about the posters but little about the facts. Before any speculation about Americans stealing medals continues, is there any evidence that he still had them when he reached Rottach?

Comment

I'll throw my dog into the fight and say if no knows what happened to them , an unknown soldier/guard took them , never to be seen again. Possibly sold not knowing the historical value, thrown away, etc. Maybe his family has them?

As to why the interest, why not , he is famous and guilty or not of war crimes, people are fascinated with his life. Comments about him being a criminal does not sit well with me. The Allies killed many German prisoners, prisoners being killed are a fact of all wars. War is a brutal business and it is about you living, the enemy dying.

The Americans were the deciding factor in the war. Not just with men but the massive amount of supplies sent to Britain and Russia. The Russians lost the most men but rode to the front on American trucks, eating US rations.

This thread has already gotten way of topic.
                  Last edited by Lee Luke; 10-20-2013, 08:17 PM. Reason: ;

Comment

Originally posted by Lee Luke View Post
                    I'll throw my dog into the fight and say if no knows what happened to them , an unknown soldier/guard took them , never to be seen again. Possibly sold not knowing the historical value, thrown away, etc. Maybe his family has them?

As to why the interest, why not , he is famous and guilty or not of war crimes, people are fascinated with his life. Comments about him being a criminal does not sit well with me. The Allies killed many German prisoners, prisoners being killed are a fact of all wars. War is a brutal business and it is about you living, the enemy dying.

The Americans were the deciding factor in the war. Not just with men but the massive amount of supplies sent to Britain and Russia. The Russians lost the most men but rode to the front on American trucks, eating US rations.

This thread has already gotten way of topic.
                    The deciding factor?...a bit overrated I d say.. more of a helping factor...

Comment

Originally posted by Yevgeniy View Post
                      The deciding factor?...a bit overrated I d say.. more of a helping factor...
                      I would have to agree, when you see the sheer number of men that Russia lost, but the allies surely wouldnt have won without the Americans, no doubt, oh & dont forget us Brits who stood on our own for 2 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruimteaapje View Post
                        Before any speculation about Americans stealing medals continues, is there any evidence that he still had them when he reached Rottach?
                        Nobody?

Comment

Originally posted by Hyperion View Post
                          Is it so important where Peiper's medals are? What does it play for a role, he has done worst war crimes, his victims can't buy a new life for his medals.

Hyperion
                          This is the result of the so-called "Reeducation": taking parrots without any knowledge.

Kind regards, Peter

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X