Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luftwaffe Uffz. Mackowiak / II. KG 100 Wiking

Hello,

I am searching for information concerning Uffz. Berndt(?) Mackowiak , who was a pilot in a flying unit. (II. KG 100 Wiking)

So far I'm without luck.

Does anyone know more about this pilot ?

Thanks in advance,

Alex

Originally posted by Alex W. View Post
    Hello,

I am searching for information concerning Uffz. Berndt(?) Mackowiak , who was a pilot in a flying unit. (II. KG 100 Wiking)

So far I'm without luck.

Does anyone know more about this pilot ?

Thanks in advance,

Alex

Alex,

Did you try the book on KG 100 ?

Best regards

Eric-Jan

Comment

Originally posted by Eric JB View Post
      Alex,

Did you try the book on KG 100 ?

Best regards

Eric-Jan

Hi Eric-Jan,

hadn't had a chance to look through it, since I don't have access to one.

Alex

Comment

Alex

To begin with it might be a good idea to explain exactly what you are looking for in regards to this man.

Do you own any of his documents? Soldbuch, Wehrpass or award citations? or are you starting your research on just a name?

If it is the former then you are already sitting on a goldmine of information, even a simple unit designation and date can reveal a great deal.

If it is the latter, I would first off start at the Volksbund to see if he was KIA.

If he was, from that date I would research the Luftwaffe QM Loss records and the NVM for that day, and from that you would glean the aircraft, crew and unit details. Allied to the vast amount of Geschwader history now available on line and in book form, you will be able to flesh out his career.

It is also worth a look in the Ordenstrager as well, especially if you are atarting with a blank.

I hope this helps.

Regards Richard.
        Always looking for Luftwaffe Kampfflieger related document groups. In particular anything to Kampfgeschwader 2.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X