Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jurgen Wattenberg,Navigation Officer

Gentlemen,

In the middle of 1938 Korvettenkapitan Jurgen Wattenberg had became a navigation officer aboad the pocket battleship 'Admiral Graf Spee'. The warship had participated during the Spanish Civil War cruising in Spanish coasts. I know for sure Wattenberg had been awarded some decorations from the Spanish government. I'm not sure what class of the 'Spanish Cross' from Germany did Wattenberg got. I know that his commander Kapt. z. See Hans Langsdorff had been awarded some decorations from Spain. I'm doing a little clue finding about what decorations did Jurgen Wattenberg won during his naval service. I already knew that he gotten the Iron Cross Second and First Class and the U-boat Service Badge when he commanded the U-Boat U-162.
    By the way I did saw a picture of the funeral of Hans Langsdorff and the 'Order Pillow' that had Langsdorff's decorations. Among them was a neck order perhaps awarded to Langsdorff by Spain.

Sincerely,

Edward L. Hsiao

Award Possiblities

Gentlemen,

My guess was that Jurgen Wattenberg would be awarded a least the Spanish Campaign Medal and the Spanish Cross of Naval Merit Second Class. I know that Wattenberg had gotten the Fleet War Badge from Germany for serving on a war cruise about the pocket battleship 'Admiral Graf Spee'. By the way,Wattenberg served on the staff of Admiral Bohme that went to Spain. Captain Hans Langsdorff before he took command of the Admiral Graf Spee was with the admiral's staff.
    I wonder if Wattenberg served with a Freikorps unit after World War I was over? He was born on December of 1900 and missed seeing action during WWI.
    I need some assistants in solving unknown facts about Wattenberg especially about his awards.

Sincerely,

Edward L. Hsiao

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
    X