Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Near The End Of War Nominations

Gentlemen,

Were there any known recommendations for the Knight's Cross or Oak Leaves for the Kriegsmarine officers and lower ranking men near the end of WWII but didn't receive their high awards because of end of the War? I knew their were many of these Knight's Cross or Oak Leaves recommendations that were made for the Heer,Waffen-SS,and Luftwaffe men near the end of the War but didn't receive their awards.

Sincerely,

Edward L. Hsiao

Not Known Yet?

Gentlemen,

Nobody knows for sure? I know I have read so many German Military history books about Wehrmacht servicemen and their high awards. Seems that there aren't many Kriegsmarine recommandations for the Knight's Cross or Oak Leaves that made into the reading books or websites.

Comment

Helmut Dross

Gentlemen,

I found on a German World War II forum of a few last names of Wehrmacht personnal that were recommanded for the Knight's Cross near the end of World War II but were not officially presented to them. One of the last names was Dross . I think it was Kaplt. Helmut Dross who was awarded the German Cross In Gold as Kommandant of S-187 fast boat.

Sincerely,

Edward L. Hsiao

Comment

According to Scherzer these awards were made but are not recognised:

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="694"><colgroup><col style="mso-width-source:userset;mso-width-alt:6509;width:134pt" width="178"><col style="mso-width-source:userset;mso-width-alt:16274;width:334pt" width="445"><col style="mso-width-source:userset;mso-width-alt:2596;width:53pt" width="71"> </colgroup><tbody><tr style="mso-height-source:userset;height:15.95pt" height="21"> <td class="xl67" style="height:15.95pt;width:134pt" height="21" width="178">Feller, Georg-Wolfgang</td> <td class="xl65" style="width:334pt" width="445">Oblt. z. See d.R., Gruppenfhr. i. d. 36. Minensuchflottille</td> <td class="xl66" style="width:53pt" width="71">17.06.45</td> </tr> <tr style="mso-height-source:userset;height:17.45pt" height="23"> <td class="xl67" style="height:17.45pt" height="23">Hoff, Carl</td> <td class="xl65">Kaptlt., Chef 1. Räumbootsflottille </td> <td class="xl66">09.05.45</td> </tr> <tr style="mso-height-source:userset;height:17.45pt" height="23"> <td class="xl67" style="height:17.45pt" height="23">Jäckel, Karl</td> <td class="xl67">Obersteuermann, Steuermann auf 'U 907' </td> <td class="xl68" align="right">09.05.45</td> </tr> <tr style="mso-height-source:userset;height:17.45pt" height="23"> <td class="xl67" style="height:17.45pt" height="23">Merks, Hans-Joachim </td> <td class="xl65">Kaptlt., Chef 2. Räumbootsflottille </td> <td class="xl66">28.05.45</td> </tr> <tr style="mso-height-source:userset;height:17.45pt" height="23"> <td class="xl67" style="height:17.45pt" height="23">Weinlig, Werner </td> <td class="xl67">Kaptlt., Kdt. Torpedoboot 'T 23' </td> <td class="xl68" align="right">10.05.45</td> </tr> </tbody></table>
        Last edited by John Toner; 07-19-2013, 07:47 AM.

Comment

What I Meant.

Dear Sir,

Thank you kindly for your answer. What I mean was for instance like Kriegsmarine ground troops had individual tank kills by panzerfaust during the last desprate weeks of fighting in Germany. Some of them may have been recommended for the Knight's Cross but we don't know who the names were.

Sincerely,

Edward L. Hsiao

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X