Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Signature for Major VIII. A.K.

Hello guys,

Lately, I have been struggling to read the signature on this Eastern Front medal award document. Can someone lend me a helping hand, please?
    The first characters should be "Dr." but the name itself remains unknown to me. I assume the first 4 characters are either "opper" or "oppen". I also went to the volksbund website and ran a search to see what names might match, but nothing comes close in my opinion.

Thank you,
    Laurens

Searching more and deeper gave me this result:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=201410

This is the same signature after all.
    However - to date - more information regarding this person shall remain unknown.

Best,
    Laurens

Comment

I'd guess he was IIb who ever he was.
      Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

As the signature is " Dr. Opperskalski " I found one Emanuel Opperskalski who did a legal thesis/doctorate 1923 in Breslau. It could be him.

Gerdan

Comment

There are Opperskalski's in the 1941 address book for Breslau, however as I mentioned in the link it was a common name in Breslau.

Never looked into it after the post in 2007, however just gone through rank lists for 1939, 1944 and even Stab Stellv. VIII AK , however can not find that surname.

/Ian
          Photos/images copyright © Ian Jewison collection

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

Thank you for your replies, gents...

Best,
            Laurens

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X