X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Research Database Wedding editions "Adolf Hitler-Mein Kampf"

Hello,

I would like to introduce my work and research about these special wedding editions from Adolf Hitlers Mein Kampf.
    These wedding editions were gifted to all new bridal couples in the german third reich.
    Every city was ordered to present a single edition every wedding but have to pay it from their own funds. Thats the reason why so many different editions exists. Richer cities printed their specialized city emblem to the front cover, poorer ones left it blank. The emblems exist in colour but mostly they are golden. Later War time editions haven't got the emblem in general or they are not shiny golden but rather light grey. The early books have golden margins, the later ones not.

I try to collect as much different editions as possible and have brought them together in the attached pdf file. As you can see there are over 300 editions so far. Please help me if you can provide sharper/better images than the ones I've used or especially you have editions which weren't listed yet.
    Especially I will appreciate if you can identify the 20+ emblems at the end of the list because I have them from books which haven't the dedication page anymore to identify the city. Many people got rid of this page because they were individually named at it and they want to cover their connection to the third reich afterwar.

Simply mail me the pictures (the emblem, the dedication page and one or two pics from the book itself) and I will use them in the next update.
    The updates aren't on regular events. I'll post if I got some more editions than a single one.

I will research further about this wedding edition from this special book and would be pleased if all interested ones mail me what they have and want to know.

Keep on rolling.

Kind regards,
    Banog
    Attached Files
    Last edited by banog; 06-14-2012, 11:38 AM.

Hello my friends,

time for an update.
    See the new list with nearly 20 new editions.

I hope the list is helpful for all of your purposes. Keep me informed if you get new editions.

Cheers, Banog
    Attached Files

Comment

A lot of different editions are shown in this thread http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...+kampf+torsten

Cheers, Torsten.

Comment

Update, about 17 new editions.

@torstenbel
        Thank you. I've added your Ingelheim edition. Maybe you can proviode me with better pictures for my list from your Hochzeitsausgabe?

Best regards, Banog
        Attached Files

Comment

There's a new updated version, see the attached file with 402 different city editions.

Wish you all a happy new year!

Cheers, Banog
          Attached Files

Comment

Finally a new update.
            See the new list with nearly 450 issues.

Please help to identify the unknown emblems if you know which city used it. The unknown emblems are at the bottom of the list.

Have fun and let me know about new issues which are not included yet.

Regards, Banog
            Attached Files

Comment

Because of massive new updates and corrections I put this new version out.

About 460 editions collected in this list.

Cheers, Uli
              Attached Files

Comment

Many years ago, I contemplated seeing how many Wedding Editions a person could find, but never did get started. I have to say that I'm appalled to see your List! Over 460?? A person would need library shelved to hold Half of them all! Thank God I never got further than thinking about it! But what an Excellent project you've got going here and a great job you've done so far! I think I'll stick with the one single edition I did get(Munich). Did they all come with the slip covers, I wonder?

Comment

Thank you very much for your kind and encouraging words.

Sadly I didn't own all of the listed editions.
                  But some are in my shelf. 😄

All the editions had the slip cases but late war they come in lower quality just simple cardboard instead.
                  Have you noticed that Munich had three different editions? Which One is yours?

Best regards, Uli

Originally posted by Wagriff View Post
                  Many years ago, I contemplated seeing how many Wedding Editions a person could find, but never did get started. I have to say that I'm appalled to see your List! Over 460?? A person would need library shelved to hold Half of them all! Thank God I never got further than thinking about it! But what an Excellent project you've got going here and a great job you've done so far! I think I'll stick with the one single edition I did get(Munich). Did they all come with the slip covers, I wonder?

Comment

Long time has been passed and many new editions I have collected.
                    So find attached the newest list with nearly 520! different city editions of the Mein Kampf Hochzeitausgabe.

I appreciate any help I can get, so if you have more emblems or city editions which are not listed yet, please let me know.

Kind regards and may the list help someone.

Uli

P.S.: File size limit is reached, can't upload at the moment.

Comment

Thanks Simon, here is the actual list with many updates.

Regards, Uli
                      Attached Files

Comment

Many updates for my list so see the newest one attached.

Have fun and happy collecting.

Regards, Uli
                        Attached Files

Comment

I have a book, but there is no emblem on the front cover. I did find a stamp on the dedication page. From what little research I have done, I guess its a wedding edition(?) from 1936 - (date written on dedication page was 1937). I didn't see the city listed that was on the dedication page - Schwanheim.

Comment

Since a long time I have updated my database list and would like to introduce the newest one here.
                            Please pay attention and only use/view/download the newest one from yesterdays date...

Nearly 600 cities are included, it's a huge one.

Kind regards, Uli
                            Attached Files

Comment

A year has passed and finally I found time to update my list.
                              Followers will see that a year digs up a mass of new cities...

New list is attached with nearly 800! cities which has printed their own "Mein Kampf Hochzeitsausgaben".

Enjoy it and please keep on supporting me with new editions not included in this list.

Always use the latest list, this one is from September 2015.

Cheers
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X