Help with SS Officer Name - Please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with SS Officer Name - Please!

Does anyone have access to the W-SS officers rolls from about 1935 to 1943? Dates are approximate, but I'm trying to find out if a named piece of headgear can be associated with anybody actually on active duty (or reserve) in the W-SS. Any resource would be a start: honor ring, deaths, promotion rolls - anything that would confirm his duty.

His name was H.D. Reinlander, if I'm reading it correctly. Any help would be apprciated.

regards, Robert
    Attached Files

I don't see a Reinländer in the Waffen SS lists.

/Ian
    Photos/images copyright © Ian Jewison collection

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

Thanks for checking, Ian. Just so I'm clear, do we have some of the names based on promotion lists, or all of the names? regards, Robert

Comment

I checked "Führerliste der Waffen-SS" by John P. Moore, 26,000+ Officers of the Waffen-SS on CD-Rom.
        Also "Dienstalterliste der Schutzstaffel der NSDAP 1.7.1935".

/Ian
        Photos/images copyright © Ian Jewison collection

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

Thank you very much for doing the research on my behalf, Ian. regards, Robert

Comment

name not listed in the 1938 DAL either

Comment

Mark, thanks very much for checking! So for 1935 and 1938, he was not on the DAL - narrowing down the service period.

regards, Robert

Comment

Robert,

Here are two men from my personal collection who share the same surname, but neither your man.

Continued good luck on your search.
                Attached Files

Comment

MJC, thanks for posting those. At least the family name had some association later in the war.

The search continues...

regards, Robert

Comment

Finally you will find 9 entries "Reinländer" in the Volksbund datebase.

Gerdan

Comment

Hallo Gerdan,

Thanks for researching that. The Volksbund is all services (Luftwaffe, heer...), correct? So there would be nine names for all the services combined?

mfg Robert

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X