Artillary regiment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Artillary regiment

I am trying to find out what the typical allocation of equipment (artillary pieces) would have been for the flak section of a typical artillary abteilung of an Infantry division in 1942 on the Eastern Front. It normally had what is being described as heavy flak and motorised flak. What does that actually means in terms of equipment? If anyone has information regarding the 3rd Infantry Division and their art regiment it would also be appretiated. Many thanx. Jacques

Standard Infantry divisions did not include a flak component in their artillery regiments. If they had any at all it was either a platoon or company in the panzerjäger abteilung.

you ask however about the 3 Inf.Div. which in 1942 was not a standard infantry division but a motorised infantry division, of which their were relatively few compared to the hundreds of infantry divs.

The 3 (mot) Inf.Div. was unusual in that in 1942, Heeres Flak Abteilung 312 was attached to the division and renamed as the IV abteilung of Artillerie Regiment 3. It was equipped with 2 batteries of 4 88m Flak guns and 1 battery of 12 20 or 37mm self-propelled guns (i've seen conflicting sources on which type of gun this battery had).

After the division was destroyed at Stalingrad and reformed as a panzergrenadier division, the flak abteilung reverted to it status as independent of the artillery regiment.
    Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Thank you Simon, just what I was looking for. I had trouble finding info on spesifically the Heeres flak organisation and equipment on the net. Jacques

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X