Major Rudolf Schoenert Question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Major Rudolf Schoenert Question.

Can anyone please point myself in the direction of a list compiling the complete record of Eichenlaubtrager Major Rudolf Schoenert's 'kills'.

I am looking for an accurate record of dates, aircraft types etc as part of some private research I am undertaking.

Any help really will be very well received

Hopeful in anticipation.

Regards Richard.
    Always looking for Luftwaffe Kampfflieger related document groups. In particular anything to Kampfgeschwader 2.

LW kills

Richard,

I would start with Tony Woods claims list (see link) although I'm not certain he includes NJG claims. This list is constantly updated. It will take a bit of trolling but hopefully you will find what you need.

http://www.lesbutler.ip3.co.uk/tony/tonywood.htm

I also know of a book put out that dealt specially with NJG claims and if memory serves you can find it on Amazon.

Regards

Jeremy

Comment

kills

Richard,

This is the book I was thinking of....

http://www.amazon.com/Luftwaffe-Night-Fighter-Claims-1939-1945/dp/0953806146/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1244215818&sr=8-1

Comment

The 2 volume set entitled Nachtjagd War Diaries (ISBN: 978-0-9554735-6-2 & 978-1-906592-00-4) will provide you with all the details you require. A table at the back of Vol 2 lists your man as having 67 kills. It also lists all his units, and the individual kills will be listed in the 2 volumes as they are written in chronological order and provide the following information of each kill (where known): Pilot Name / Unit / Type Of Victim Aircraft / Location Of Kill / Time Of Kill / Victim Aircraft Details (Sqdn, Serial Number).
        They are very comprehensive.

Comment

Originally posted by JeremyJ View Post
          Richard,

I would start with Tony Woods claims list (see link) although I'm not certain he includes NJG claims. This list is constantly updated. It will take a bit of trolling but hopefully you will find what you need.

http://www.lesbutler.ip3.co.uk/tony/tonywood.htm

I also know of a book put out that dealt specially with NJG claims and if memory serves you can find it on Amazon.

Regards

Jeremy
          Jeremy

Thank you for the link, the information enclosed is certainly exhaustive indeed!

NJG claims are included and I have already been able to glean some valuable research information.

I have also ordered a copy of the Night Fighter Claims book you suggested too.

Thanks again for your help.

Regards Richard.
          Always looking for Luftwaffe Kampfflieger related document groups. In particular anything to Kampfgeschwader 2.

Comment

Originally posted by hucks216 View Post
            The 2 volume set entitled Nachtjagd War Diaries (ISBN: 978-0-9554735-6-2 & 978-1-906592-00-4) will provide you with all the details you require. A table at the back of Vol 2 lists your man as having 67 kills. It also lists all his units, and the individual kills will be listed in the 2 volumes as they are written in chronological order and provide the following information of each kill (where known): Pilot Name / Unit / Type Of Victim Aircraft / Location Of Kill / Time Of Kill / Victim Aircraft Details (Sqdn, Serial Number).
            They are very comprehensive.
            hucks216

Thank you for the suggestion and information on the 'Nachtjagd War Diaries', Amazon has come to the rescue again and both copies are on their way to me now. From the review it is clear that this is essential research material.

Regards Richard.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X