X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need some serious research help lw name

hy guys just bought a tunic from an oberluitnant named to a

donzius??

he is in the flight or fj section of the lw every help or idea is apreciated

cheers
    Attached Files

or danzius

Comment

Comment

anyone

Comment

I just received several new LW wartime Rangelisten and I can check your guy over the weekend. Let me know if you have already tried this route.

M.

Comment

i have send you a pm

any one else has ideas

Comment

Comment

As i mentioned to you in my pm, there is no regular officer by that name or variation of that name in the 45 rangliste. If he's a reserve officer then he's going to be difficult to find.
                Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Same result as Simon, sorry to say. Best of luck!

Comment

Hm, could the first letter be an "L"?
                    Yes it does more look like a "D" but I checked the German phonebook and neither the name Danzius nor Donzius exist (today).

But Lonzius etc. do exist though they are not common. One Lonzius even
                    lives in Magdeburg. And a quick search in the internet also brought a
                    result:

http://www.jagdgeschwader301.de/code/pilotenjg3xx.htm

And look at that "D", he writes all letters on that label in a very clear way
                    (like a typewriter) except the first letter of Donzius. And what is the dot above
                    the letter?
                    Anyway, maybe wrong but maybe it helps

Comment

since we are talking about it i think you maybe right
                      <TABLE border=1 width=982><TBODY><TR vAlign=bottom><TD width=255 align=left>Lonzius ,Oblt.</TD><TD width=113 align=middle>11./ JG 300</TD><TD width=163 align=right> </TD><TD width=97 align=middle>mind. 1</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

can you tell me what the last thing in the line means the mind 1?

he served in the wilde sau geschwader

maybe i can wright a letter to the living lonzius

Comment

Check the following site: it is maybe better

http://www.cieldegloire.com/jg_300.php

the 1 means one kill (in this case a P51 on 14.01.1945, according to this site).

But as I said, the "L" vs. "D" thing is just an idea which could be possible
                        when I look at the picture. You have the jacket, maybe just recheck the writing on the label if it really can be an "L".
                        Because if it is not it makes no sense to say that it is an "L" - even if that
                        helps to connect the jacket to a man.

The one Lonzius in Magdeburg you will find here:

http://www.dastelefonbuch.de/

Comment

update

i have found some more info on my man

LONZIUS, Fritz.
                          (DOB: 10.08.11 in Magdeburg).
                          01.41 in I./KG 40.
                          (n.d.) also in KG 100 and KG 1.
                          19.11.42 Oblt.(Kr.O./Fl.), trf from II./KG 40 to Ausb.Kdo. für Landflugzeugschleuder.
                          1944 in Erprobungskdo. 25, then JGr. 10, then Erg.JGr. Nord.
                          09.44 returned to JGr. 10.
                          10.44 oblt., appt Staka 11./JG 300.

According to the Kracker Archive, he had one known victory, a P-51 on 14.01.45.

can some one translate this to proper english haahah
                          <!-- / message -->

i am thinking this is the man, cause my tunic has loops for clasp, ribbon bar, ek1 and 2 badges, and its the same rank, place of birth and magdeburg is also in the tailor label

i know it looks like there is spelled donzius but its not a german name

and lonzius is.... mabe he just wrote strange

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X