Researching SA unit Nh 14/57

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Researching SA unit Nh 14/57

Hi everyone, I am trying to do my first SA research project on a dagger I just bought. On the lower cross guard it is stamped Nh 14/57 I believe this is Nederhein? Is it possible to find out what town this group was from as well as what activitys they participated in? In the past I have seen people post comments as to the wear abouts of some SA groups. I am not sure how to look into this. Any tips or info would be appreciated.
    Last edited by D Funk; 05-03-2009, 07:13 AM. Reason: title was poor description

Does anyone have any information at all?

Comment

At least there were three Standarten with number 57. Niederrhein, Niedersachsen and Schlesien. So it's hard to say I'm afraid.

Comment

Laurens, Thanks for the info and I will keep searching. How did you find the info you posted? Are there some records?

Comment

I would think it is Niederhein because of the cross guard stamping Nh. Were the numbers used to represent towns or districts? How do you find out where each sturm was from?

Comment

I found those numbers through lists wich I found in several archives. The difficulty is that through the time many changes within the SA were involved.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X