No announcement yet.

Knights Cross Recipients Who Are Still Living

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll be glad when all the German vets are gone....then we won't have to worry with such bothersome wastes of thread space .
    With all the flakiness of the crusty collectors who are moving into it only for money...have become more than bothersome also and only care about selling things for cash....its "military collector/whore" syndrome folks ....as far as I am concerned, nothing else....and to talk like this I thought was an impeachable offense?? Maybe we should have an international meet every year, and have a boxing ring with gloves, and then see whose who and pre set the bouts before the entrants see one another ....and then we could also bring items that need to be seen in person, and I could cater it to serve the best American spaghetti and meatballs in the world .(but be held it always in the USA with Denver as the first choice) Good idea ?huh? I think so.....

Comment

What an immature and insensitive reply.

I wish all veterans live long long lives and its
      not their fault that many are friendly and share
      their experiences when they are asked.

Blame moderators if you think this is a waste of
      space because its obvious they don't think this.

It has already been said that some Vets don't
      reply anymore and others are still available.
      What is the problem? If you don't like this
      thread then don't read it. But, to say you will be
      glad when they are all gone, well, you haven't been
      brought up well with manners and respect.

Comment

Originally posted by Annelie View Post
        What an immature and insensitive reply.

I wish all veterans live long long lives and its
        not their fault that many are friendly and share
        their experiences when they are asked.

Blame moderators if you think this is a waste of
        space because its obvious they don't think this.

It has already been said that some Vets don't
        reply anymore and others are still available.
        What is the problem? If you don't like this
        thread then don't read it. But, to say you will be
        glad when they are all gone, well, you haven't been
        brought up well with manners and respect.
        Well said
        sigpicLooking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Comment

Originally posted by juoneen View Post
          I'll be glad when all the German vets are gone....then we won't have to worry with such bothersome wastes of thread space .
          With all the flakiness of the crusty collectors who are moving into it only for money...have become more than bothersome also and only care about selling things for cash....
          i can't believe what you said. Let's all have a party when all the vets are gone because some low life creatures are gaining profit from selling their autographs. What a sick way of thinking.
          sigpicLooking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Comment

What an unbelievable bunch of weirdos ! This whole tread should be scraped !

Comment

Thomas Breyette, I've met and spoke with hundreds of veterans and families of before and they all were the same, they all were very helpful and they showed appreciation that someone took interest in their history and glad to talk about it. I only got once an answer of a family that he wasn't fond to share his history from the hundreds. But he sent a very friendly letter and that was it, I left him in peace. You act very egoist and childish, you first had the chance to write, speak and have yourself signed many authographs and now suddenly everyone should stop but not before you had the chance to receive it all yourself.

"In the 70's, 80's & 90's I wrote to just over 1,200 RKT's. I received 958 photo's. I visited over 200 of them. Went to 3 OdR reunions. It was fun then and I was just the right age then. NOW they are old & I am old. I think it is TIME ALL of YOU STOP bothering these old men and leave them at peace in their final years. Enough is enough. I have contacted the OdR and guess what !!!...they feel the same way !!! Tom "
              You contacted the OdR etcetera but know nothing about the veterans these days and although you say "They should be left alone", you openly and publicly ask whether they are in good health or have information you "heard" from, you always confirm what others say .. I think you are also someone who exaggerates a lot. I normally do not take part in such threads but I justt couldn't ignore this, especially reading a lot of you and the responses here made by you and juoneen.

P.S. If you ever wrote to Günther Holz I can find it, I have most if not all his letter and veteran correspondence laying at home (A4 Folder full!).

Comment

Never wrote to Holz and I don't care what you think !

Comment

Hi after a long time!

I would like to ask you, if these gentlemen still correspond to the letters, or if any of them wrote a book?
                  Thank You very much!

Franz Gapp
                  Erich Rudorffer
                  Günter Halm
                  Alfred Eick
                  Walter Schuck
                  Max Zastrow
                  Reinhard Hardegen
                  Karl – Ludwig Barths

Here is my web:
                  http://www.kvhwest.com/veterani
                  I have to upgrade it, this is not the final form! I already have a larger collection.

Comment

Hi Jirka,

Franz Gapp answered my letter I wrote last year.Hardegen don´t answered my letter.

There are books of Halm and Barths.

Comment

Hello ,

Franz Gapp - unfortunately I don't know whether he still reply. he doesn't reply yet to me.

Erich Rudorffer - I received signed photo from him on April.14.

Günter Halm - he doesn't wrote him self, but 'Ingo Möbius' wrote his biography. name is "Ein Grenadier entscheidet eine Schlacht"

Alfred Eick - one of my friend received answer from him on February.3.

Walter Schuck - he wrote "Luftwaffe Eagle" / doesn't reply himselp anymore.

Max Zastrow - I don't know whether he still reply too.

Reinhard Hardegen - he doesn't answer anymore. my friend received answer from his daughter in few month ago and she said "he doesn't want reply".

Karl Ludwig Barths - he wrote "Jungmann. Erlebte und erzählte Episoden" / as I know he still reply, but I'm not sure.

All the best,

Han

p.s. If it's no inconvenience to you, can I ask photo of Mr. Carius what take in Salzburg? (of course file)
                      Last edited by Lux; 05-13-2014, 05:52 AM.

Comment

Gosh... Can't believe some of you are grown ups that write like you are 12 years old, arguing on a militaria forum. it won't get better, Everyone has their own opinion of writing to Veterans.

Sometimes I write to Veterans, and of course I wrote to them to have signed cards to my own militaria collection NOT sell, sometimes I ask about their time in the war. Recently I wrote to a 88-year old 12th W-SS Veteran and he sent me two pages A4, he was so nice and thanked me so much for my letter. Some Veterans really does like getting letters for all over the world, maybe some don't. But the guys who wanna try contacting a Veteran, let them try!

Btw, I never share addresses to people I don't know, so please do not ask.

Best wishes from Per.

Comment

Originally posted by PerMilitaria View Post
                          Some Veterans really does like getting letters for all over the world, maybe some don't. But the guys who wanna try contacting a Veteran, let them try!

Btw, I never share addresses to people I don't know, so please do not ask.

Best wishes from Per.

I agree.

really, some Veterans still does like getting letters and reply. (as I think, Tom, You know full well it too.)

and of course some Veterans doesn't like getting letters for all over the world, and reply to them. they should be respected!

but as I said in first, some Veterans still does like getting letters, so as Per said, guys who wanna try to contacting a Veterans(of course "who does like getting letters"), let them try.

All the best,

Han

Comment

Hi guys, is not responsible Hardеgen probably not him who is more 102 .....

Comment

friends, all good day, someone knows something about the fate of the soldier's SS-Schütze Sepp Bund ?

Comment

Friends and colleagues of all the good time sutok.skazhite smodet who help me with the addresses of veterans? Howl in turn willing to share what I have. With all important Vyacheslav

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X