BunkerMilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

japanese volunteer of wehrmacht special units (batallion). Heersgruppe "Weischsel".

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

japanese volunteer of wehrmacht special units (batallion). Heersgruppe "Weischsel".

I didn't know the existence of a japanese volunteer of wehrmacht special units (batallion). Heersgruppe "Weischsel". berlin, april 1945.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=189270
    Please can someone give me some info on this strange unity?

many thanks
    cosimo

Plase nobody can help me to find where this plate has been published

Comment

Originally posted by cosimo View Post
      Plase nobody can help me to find where this plate has been published
      That's probably because the "plate" or rather illustration deals with fiction or fantasy. Most of us here deal with reality.

As the comments in that thread stated, there may have been a few (3? 6? 12?) Asians of Japanese ethnicity who stumpled into the Wehrmacht after finding themselves taken prisoner in Russia, but that's about it. There were no boat loads, submarine loads, plane loads, train loads or bus loads of cheery-faced Japanese volunteers who somehow showed up in wartime Germany to don the Feldgrau uniform. However, there were Turkomen and other volunteers with Asian features, including a few Koreans and Manchurians, who served in Osttruppen and Waffen-SS units. Most of them were former Red Army men who had been taken prisoner.

So the illustration is misleading in that it tempts the unwary into thinking the Wehrmacht had "special" units comprised of Japanese volunteers. That wasn't so.

Comment

Hi BHS1956 many thanks for your help and precise observations on this matter.

Plase at first I apologize for my "English".

That's probably because the "plate" or rather illustration deals with fiction or fantasy.
        I think so too. but I also think so: when we study History we meet an unbelievable number of nonsense and falsehood;but also things believed unbelievable before a new discovered infos.

There were no boat loads, submarine loads, plane loads, train loads or bus loads of cheery-faced Japanese volunteers who somehow showed up in wartime Germany to don the Feldgrau uniform. However, there were Turkomen and other volunteers with Asian features, including a few Koreans and Manchurians, who served in Osttruppen and Waffen-SS units. Most of them were former Red Army men who had been taken prisoner.
        I believe that these words give us a precise picture of the situation, and give the good ideas for further studies on this matter. We also know the History of a former japanese soldier taken prisoner by Red Army, next in Red Army,take prisoner by Germans, Next in Whermacht ( Hiwi or Ostruppen), and next take prisoner by GJ in Normandia or Westfront,

all it possible in History
        and all can be invented in History

..but now.. if the photos that we know are not forgeries. We have some japanese in german uniforms with a arm shield in Japanese colors. The photo we know are of officer, and this could point out to the presence of a military formation composed by Japanese, however small or large.

So I have asked if someone knew some news on this formation (if ever existed).

Otherwise I am really very curious to know where this illustration, the plate, has been published. At fist because I real like it, and because I have the curiosity to know what are the infos on the Japanese and Indians in battle on Ostfront (precise or not precise, real or fake).

Hi pleople many thanks for all your help

Comment

I have seen those photos (the armshield) ones before. If memory serves correct these men were attending some sort of course on German small unit tactics or something of that ilk, bit they were IJN men not Wehrmacht. Like i said i cant remember where i saw those pics printed, what is for sure is that they weren't part of an jap "legion" etc within the Wehrmacht

Jonathan

Comment

Hi Jonathan many thanks , for this great info.

Like i said i cant remember where i saw those pics printed,

I have see the pics only in Internet

...and the collor plate..... only in this forum

many thanks
            for your help
            cosimo

Comment

No volunteer unit but i think a few officers on attachment or some kind of exchange program.
              There are also photos in existence of Japanese officers visiting the Murmansk front.

There were all sorts of 'loose' foreign nationals or those with dual nationality scattered across the wehrmacht that weren't connected to any organised foreign contingent.
              Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

One postscript that may be of interest:

I have a vague recollection of some ULTRA or Japanese Naval Attache Berlin intercepts that referred to some Japanese I-boat and Maru crew members being stranded in the French ports in 1944 and then retreating with the Germans into the Reich. The information went on to say that some or all of them were to be absorbed into the German armed forces, trained and put to use. But the number was not given. The implication was a small number, however, probably less than 100 but more than 25, IIRC.

--BHS1956

Comment

Hi People many tank for all your help. I started with the research of a color plate( and incredible- I believe that in this forum we have read, among all of us, an enormous number of books on WW2- aI cannot able to know where this illustration was, is ever was, pubblished ) and we are composing a small puzzle, it treats only of some small indications, on Japanese in German uniforms, or similar,
                  have a vague recollection of some ULTRA or Japanese Naval Attache Berlin intercepts that referred to some Japanese I-boat and Maru crew members being stranded in the French ports in 1944 and then retreating with the Germans into the Reich. The information went on to say that some or all of them were to be absorbed into the German armed forces, trained and put to use. But the number was not given. The implication was a small number, however, probably less than 100 but more than 25, IIRC.
                  This it real a great intormation

Hi people if you succeeded to track the origins of all these information down would be really to be a beautiful work...

Here I make only the part of who ask. I cannot able to be of help. I know the fact that some Japanese military missions (as those of other nations) have visited the various German fronts but I not know nothing other

Comment

These are real great intformation

Comment

I have some similar request, posted here: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...29#post8430129

BR, Chris

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X