Ss Lettland Division

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ss Lettland Division

COULD ANYONE GIVE ME ANY INFO ON THE SS LETTLAND DIVISION, WERE THEY ORIGINATED FROM ECT, PLU S ANY DETAILS OF A BATTLE THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO HAVE BEEN ENGAGED IN IN 1945 IN POMERANIA.WITH THE RUSSIANS. THANKYOU JAMES...................

Which one?

15.SS GrenDiv 'Lettische Nr.1' -Formed 02-1943.
    19.SS GrenDiv 'Lettische Nr.2' -Formed 03-1944 (from 2. Latvian SS Volunteer Brigade).

Comment

James,
      Check out this site: http://www.wssob.com/
      You should find plenty of info there. Also, there is a very good book on the Latvian SS units. It is called "Latvian Legion", and was written by a former Latvian officer that served in the 15 SS I think. I won't try to spell his name! The book is out of print, but is available if you search the web. It isn't cheap though.
      Cheers,
      Rayman.

Comment

Hello
        To add a comment to Rayman, the book in question ("LAtvian Legion") was published by R.J. Bender and it was written by Arthur Silgalis, the former Infantry leader (Infanterieführer) of the 15. SS Gre. Div. I think he ended the war with the rank of Oberführer.
        Another good info comes from the 5 volume set of Waffen SS (still in Bender publishing) and particularly the volume 5 . THis was written by Bender and Taylor.
        Hope this helps
        Denis

Comment

SS LETTLAND DIVISION

THANK YOU TO ALL WHO REPLIED TO MY QUERY ON THE SS LETTLAND DIVISION

Comment

About the figths of this unit in Pomorania you might finde here an article in Garman language , writte by myself :

http://forum.panzer-archiv.de/viewto...=asc&start=135

Jan-Hendrik

Comment

What happened to the incredible amount of info that was available on wssob ??

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X