Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WuG-Offizier

Hello, all!

I'm looking for some information on the so-called WuG-Offizier (Waffen und Gerät)who was found at division staffs and (possibly) higher. Some duty-position rosters in the divisional histories list them, some don't. Was this position found at corps and above? If so, what were the authorized ranks? Would this individual wear the "crossed cannons" on his uniform and the hochrot artillery Waffenafarbe? Does anyone actually have an image of this insignia (crossed cannons) being worn? Is the position analogious to a warrent officer, that is, was the individual more of a technician than a "true" officer?

Obviously, these are all leading questions, since they relate to a uniform I recently acquired, and I'm trying to see whther a theory of mine makes sense.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Bob Edwards

Guten Tag, Alle!

Ich suche Informationen bezüglich des sogenanten WuG-Offiziers (Waffen und Gerät), der beim Divisionsstab war (und vielleicht auch bei höheren Stäben). Bei manchen Divisions-Geschichten findet man diese Dienststelle bei der Stellenbesetzung-Auflistung, bei manchen nicht. War dieser Officer auch beim Korps zu finden? Wenn ja, was für Dienstgrade waren autorisiert? Hätte dieser Offizier die Abzeichen des "W-Offiziers" (gekreuzten Kanonenläufe) getragen? Hat irgend jemand ein Bild, wobei dieses Abzeichen auf einer Uniform zu erkennen ist? Ist diese Dienststelle analog dem modernen Fachoffizier, d.h., war er eher Techniker statt eines "richtigen" Offiziers?

Ich stelle diese Fragen, da ich nun eine Uniformjacke für diese Art von Offizier habe. Ich möchte Mal feststellen, ob eine Theorie von mir diesbezüglich stimmt.

mfG,
    Bob Edwards

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
X