Feldlazarett (mot) 772 Stalingrad casualties

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feldlazarett (mot) 772 Stalingrad casualties

Does anyone know were feldlazarett (mot) 772 was located in fall 1942? City town or general area. I know it was treating the Stalingrad casualties.
    Thanks,
    Dave,

In September 1942 it was located in the vicinity of Stalino.

Comment

Thanks. Any sources you can recommend for more research?
      Dave

Comment

Not really I'm afraid. I remember having a discussion about it on another forum a year or two back and I think I found that information on Fourm der Wehrmacht. I also found mention of it for a Luftwaffe soldier being injured in April (?) 1943 in the Taganrog region and being sent there, and Stalino isn't that far from where he was injured.

Comment

Thanks Hucks,
          Any info on feldlazarett 636 with feldpost #09849? Soldier was wounded in Ukraine.
          Dave

Comment

Hucks,
            I found the discussion you referenced from a couple years ago. It is about the same soldbuch. I recently bought it. Small world.
            Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Bybee View Post
              Hucks,
              I found the discussion you referenced from a couple years ago. It is about the same soldbuch. I recently bought it. Small world.
              Dave
              I had a feeling it might of been. It is interesting how often the same things resurface every few years.

As for Feldlazarett 636 I can find mention of it in January 1942 and that was at Ommitschkino. There is mention of it at this link (looks like a list of a town's (Nortorf) fallen soldiers) - it is mentioned on line 5:
              http://www.buergerforum-nortorf.de/u...esamtliste.pdf

Putting that man's details in to the Volksbund page shows that the man is now buried in Riga so I would imagine that the Feldlazarett was somewhere in that region in September 1944.
              In between those two dates I'm afraid I don't know.

Comment

I have also found mention of Feldlazarett 636 being at Aleksino in January 1942 (so no idea if that is in the same area as Ommitschkino) and in late February 1944 it being in Wolmar and as the soldier that snippet refers to is also buried in Riga then from at least February to September 1944 I would assume it was in Wolmar (Valmiera in Latvia.)

Comment

I have a page from a panzer man who was wounded in late December 43 with 509 panzer. He received a Fuhrerschenk stamp with notation and a feldpost stamp with feldlazarett feldpost number. Unfortunately I only have a few pages of Soldbuch. Wound was not listed on awards page but it was listed for a silver wound badge urkund as one of three. I believe they were operating not to far from Keiv at the time.

Comment

It looks like they were in the Zhitomir (Zhytomyr) / Berditschew (Berdychiv) area for late December, so in the Ukraine.

Comment

Notation on soldbuch page 21 dated 21,12,43. Urnkund for wound badge has wound dated 19,12,43. So he was in feldlazarett two days after wound or at least he was processed and had his Soldbuch stamped and noted. I have no idea how far typical feldlazarett would be from frontline unit, do you? Maybe 10 - 20 miles? Any idea? The other variable would be how long did a soldier have to wait to get his Soldbuch stamped?

Comment

His battle days say he was at Tschepowitschi when wounded. Looks like he participated In another battle day the day after wound on 20.12.43. but this day is written in with ditto marks ad caused him to change numbers in battle days count. So maybe he started out and said I can’t do it and went to feldlazarett. His next battle day for him is 29.12.43 around ****omir.
                        so apparently wound was not serious but did require treatment at feldlazarett.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X