Brandenburger battle of Leros and Grenadier Kos death cards research

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brandenburger battle of Leros and Grenadier Kos death cards research

A couple more cards I am researching. I found quite some good information in Anthony Roger's book "Kos and Leros 1943, the German conquest of the Dodecanese" but wondering if there are any other resources anyone can point me to?

1. Robert Hangen, a member of 9 Komp III./1. Regiment 'Brandenburg' who fell on 16th November 1943 during the battle of Leros.

1-Hangen-Robert.jpg
    49307-b-563-gb026-0310-00311.jpg

2. Franz Bielmeier, member of 6 komp Grenadier Regt. 16. Fell on Kos island, 3 October 1943.

1-Bielmeier-Franz.jpg
    48724-6907-0073-00145.jpg

For your Leros and Kos guy, read “Churchill’s Folly” by Rogers; “”Hitler’s Island War” by Parkman; “War in the Aegean” by Stackpole Books

Comment

Originally posted by Ostprussenmann View Post
      For your Leros and Kos guy, read “Churchill’s Folly” by Rogers; “”Hitler’s Island War” by Parkman; “War in the Aegean” by Stackpole Books
      Thanks for the tip! Ordered and on the way

Comment

Hello!

Really nice to see more deathcards from these battles.

Deathcards from the 22.Infanterie Division are quite rare as the soldiers in this division were mostly Protestant (coming from the North of Germany around Hamburg and Bremen) and deathcards are a Catholic tradition.

Here is the only one I have from the Leros campaign:
        Josef Schirra was part of 7./Infanterie Regiment 65, wounded on 15 Nov. and died of his wounds on the 18th of Nov.

2020_07_14 10_05 Office Lens.jpg

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X