Identifying Rgt Commanders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Identifying Rgt Commanders

Can anyone point me towards a resouce for identifying regimental commanders for German units during WWII?

I usually do OK on award documents signed by divisional commanders (using a combination of sites) but regimental commanders are not so easy to pin down.

Is there anywhere that lists regiments with their commanders by date (or lists divisions but with information on commanders down to regimental level)? If it makes things easier, even something limited to infantry regiments would be a big help.

Many thanks

James

Biblio Verlag

James,

to the best of my knowledge there is as yet no definitive listing of all regimental commanders. The nearest thing so far (and it is still very much a work in progress) is the planned multi-volume work published by Biblio Verlag: "Die Dienstellen, Kommandobehörden und Truppenteile des Heeres 15. 10.1935 - 8.5.1945" by Günter Wegman and Christian Zweng. The two volumes published so far cover all army units numbered 1-10 (volume 1) and 11-30 (volume 2) listing commanders down to regimental and independent battalion level. Principal staff officers at higher formations are also listed.

Regards
    Glenn

Comment

Thanks for that Glenn,

Sounds like I'll just have to brush up my signature-reading abilities and take it from there.....

James

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X