CEJ Books

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

German Military KIA 1939-1945 (D. Dienststelle WASt) Records available on Ancestry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hucks216 View Post
    I don't know if it's just the ones I've searched for but I've found that the earlier in the war that a soldier was killed the more cards there are for him. So far I the most scans for one soldier I have found is 8 and he was killed in 1940.
    The ones I have looked at are all post September 1943 and a number have four cards and a couple have six.

I think what you said on the other forum is correct - the 2.7 million cards equates to considerably less personnel hence the 50% hit rate overall with it being considerably less than this from mid-1944 onwards.

Comment

I have found one for a French guy who is known for having been a partisan shot by the Germans during the liberation. They have his rank as Hilfspostwache.... Strange.

JL

Comment

Found some FJ regiment 9 Losses from December '44 so it's purely luck if you find what you are looking for. I am at a dead end with a KM Obersteuermann casualty from May 3rd 1945.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X