Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waffenmeister information

Hello All,
    I’m looking for as much Information about waffenmeisters/Waffenmeistergehilfe. Main info I seek is any sort of paperwork they had for accountability, inspections,etc. tool kits they had. What their armory typically had within it. Are there any research books out there for this subject?

Here’s what I do know:
    Waffenmeisters were unteroffiziers and above. They were typically at a battalion level in a work shop/ armory. They preformed inspections and repair of weapons. They did modifications on weapons. Essentially all gunsmith armorer duties. They also dealt with ammunition. They were responsible for doing the stamping of ID tags. They also filled out the weapons issue portion of the soldbuch.

Waffenmeistergehilfes were assistants to the waffenmeister and typically soldat- obergefreiter and we’re attached to a kompanie and left at the baggage train area to do field inspections and repair.
    Attached Files

Certainly an interesting subject ! Don't have more but I like to follow projects that are mostly about unknown subjects.

Comment

Here is a picture of a Waffenmeister doing a check on rifles (see written text on the back).
      I might have a Soldbuch to a waffenmeister, have to look.
      I don't know much about waffenmeisters though.
      Attached Files
      I'm collecting anything related to the towns Castricum and Bakkum during WWII.
      Also soldbucher from 116pzdiv. And 1944-1945 eastfront pockets, kampfgruppe and Oder front.
      My website: Gotrick.nl

Comment

Originally posted by Admiraal View Post
        Here is a picture of a Waffenmeister doing a check on rifles (see written text on the back).
        I might have a Soldbuch to a waffenmeister, have to look.
        I don't know much about waffenmeisters though.
        Pretty awesome and cool.

Comment

Originally posted by jeuslei View Post
          Pretty awesome and cool. .
          ??

Comment

Interesting............I have a few Waffenmeisterei Soldbücher and have one on my desk at the moment.

He was member of bodenständig Waffenmeisterei Zug 804 (static Armoury Platoon) on Jersey, British Channel Islands. Also has entry for Inselwaffenmeisterei Guernsey.

He was an Obergefreiter and his civilian trade was a plumber.

/Ian
            Attached Files
            Photos/images copyright © Ian Jewison collection

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X