This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attention! Please read! Policy change!

After very long deliberation and with approval of most (active) moderators and with the comment of the owner of the forum that he never liked the idea of outside hosting anyway, the following policy change will be introduced here in Luftwaffe section (and at the distinction of moderators of other subfora in their areas):

Posts or new threads which contain photos that are hosted by an outside source will be erased! In special cases, at the discretion of moderators or association members, photos from outside hosting might be and can be copied and pasted back into such threads by moderators or any association member. The goal is not censorship but preservation of thread integrity.
    This policy is instituted in order to preserve the threads for later reading and thus also preserving the integrity of the overall forum, being one of the best sources on the planet for this hobby. It has unfortunately happened over the last years that a very large amount of threads became useless due to the missing photos. This policy will stop that degeneration of the forum.

We sincerely hope this will find the approval of all members, no matter the membership status.
    The German Luftwaffe Pilot and Combined Pilot and Observer Badges of WWII 1933-1945
    Volume I & Volume II

sigpic

Now Available
    www.luftwaffepilotbook@gmail.com

About time!
    Ignored Due To Invisibility.

Comment

Comment

fantastic idea that will help preserve the integrity of the forum.

to use the forum as a database via the search function is a nice option but it is extremely frustrating when we pull up threads with deleted photos - the entire thread should just go unless it contains important information.

On a side note, you copied the text from the initial post in the crosses section but this section is different

William Kramer
        Please visit my site: https://wehrmacht-militaria.com/

Comment

Policy Change

Very happy to see this implementation. I too want the integrity of this forum to remain. Good work Seb.
          Helene.

(Yes, Seb I know you want a Luftwaffe pin )

Comment

Originally posted by all1knew View Post
            On a side note, you copied the text from the initial post in the crosses section but this section is different
            Yep, all fixed now, thanks Billy.

Tom
            If it doesn't have a hinge and catch, I'm not interested......well, maybe a little

New Book - The German Close Combat Clasp of World War II
            [/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
            Available Now - tmdurante@gmail.com

Comment

A great improvement!

Comment

Does this mean that I can only post images being a paying member?

Comment

Originally posted by Rik View Post
                  Does this mean that I can only post images being a paying member?
                  I understand the reason. Personally I don't think this is good for getting new members / young collectors and keeping members that post something once in a while.
                  I've been here for a few years ands must admit that most of my images are gone due to dropbox changes. But if I cannot post images at all because my posts or threads will be deleted I think I will go elsewhere.

Comment

Hi, I am a new member, just of today. And I'm bit confused.. how can I post images? I did made 2 threads so far, and not one appeared yet. I'm guessing it could be because of this. I don't really know much about image hosting, and what not.. so any pointers would help. Thank you.

Comment

The forum does not delete your posts the outside photo site does, thus photos are lost unless reposted by paid member or moderator.
                      Ed. Anderson,Jr.
                      The film "Idiocracy" was originally released as a comedy. Now it has been re-released as a documentary.

Sarcasm is just one of my many talents!

Comment

Hi,

Originally posted by Aegon View Post
                        Hi, I am a new member, just of today. And I'm bit confused.. how can I post images? I did made 2 threads so far, and not one appeared yet. I'm guessing it could be because of this. I don't really know much about image hosting, and what not.. so any pointers would help. Thank you.
                        To post pictures on the WAF, you need to be an association/paying member.
                        The fee is 35 usd per year.
                        After paying the fee, you can post up to 4 pictures per post, and you also can sell items on the e-stand (free of charge, you need to carefully read the e-stand regulations).

If you post pictures that are hosted on third party website, pictures can/will be deleted over the time by the third party website, and the topic will become useless too.
                        Therefore it is permitted by moderators or association members to repost those pictures to keep the topic integrity.

See You

Vince

Comment

Originally posted by FrenchVolunteer View Post
                          Hi,

To post pictures on the WAF, you need to be an association/paying member.
                          The fee is 35 usd per year.
                          After paying the fee, you can post up to 4 pictures per post, and you also can sell items on the e-stand (free of charge, you need to carefully read the e-stand regulations).

If you post pictures that are hosted on third party website, pictures can/will be deleted over the time by the third party website, and the topic will become useless too.
                          Therefore it is permitted by moderators or association members to repost those pictures to keep the topic integrity.

See You

Vince
                          Thank you for the info.

Comment

cool but will take ages to upload something here - not working always good.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X