Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all,

the discussion is interesting. Let me also contribute a little bit:

I am also fan of this badge. The construction, hardware, finish, all looks period and match perfectly to some of the Gablonz manufacturers.
    I also think that this was late war production, thatsway not many pieces are known to be awarded. Maybe the supply of this badges comes too late before the end of war.

Please note that Gablonz manufacturers received many orders before the end of war when other german manufacturers were not able to produce the awards anymore ( bombing, raw material supplies etc. ) Gablonz manufacturers were developing new designs and improved the production technology till almost the last minute of war. They also produced and supplied badges for other german manufacturers in the last war period.

Remember this Gablonz made pieces – (see attached) – all of them are prototypes that possibly never reached the distributing system. If some colector would see finished piece of them then he would never believe it is original. Check also the EK1 – Gablonz made piece that was produced at the war end – very few pieces were awarded – so very few colector believe they were period made. – The exactly same situation as by the glider badge.

Note also that post war production in Gablonz was absolutely impossible. We were in Sowiet zone, all people hated Nazis an all German items, especially everything with svastika was destroyed and became illegal. Nobody would dare to continue the production of Nazi awards in this time.

Best regards
    Pavel
    Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Stepdale View Post
            My question is - is the case an original one for a glider badge?
            I doubt the case and the ball hinge belong together. These cases would more suitable with the late war zinc juncker and BSW. A quick view on the inlet would be nice. If they were in something it would be a carton box or a packet IMO.

Seb
            The German Luftwaffe Pilot and Combined Pilot and Observer Badges of WWII 1933-1945
            Volume I & Volume II

sigpic

Now Available
            www.luftwaffepilotbook@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Brian S View Post
              Similar is not an answer.
              can always of something nibble

Originally posted by pavels_2005
              Note also that post war production in Gablonz was absolutely impossible. We were in Sowiet zone...
              I agree with this statement
              Yet another example Gablonz hardware. Unmarked IAB Bergs, Josef & Co. (JB&Co). Do I have believe that the fakers were determined to on falsifying precisely those difficult in manufacturing hinge ?

Jacek

Comment

Originally posted by Brian S View Post

Well Dale I am sure he will sell you the set. You need a story?

Brian,
                I hesitated to even contribute to this thread because I knew some people are too emotional about the badge to discuss it rationally. I simply wanted to ask William about where the set came from and to discuss the case for mine and others' education. I've collected for a long time now and have bought many things directly from the veterans or their families and know a story is not always airtight and one needs always to evaluate items as objectively as possible. I don't "need" a story for any item, but as a somewhat-trained anthropologist/archaeologist I know trying to get the history of any artifact is vital to the process of understanding.

So if I offended you, I can only say that it was not my intention to do so. If I choose to post anything further in this thread, I will try to direct my comments to Pavel, e-maus and others who are taking a forensic, anthropological approach to the subject and refrain from getting immersed in personal insults and feuds that lead nowhere. It's a discussion forum, not a boxing ring!
                Dale

Comment

Dale I was not offended and didn't mean to come off that way.

But as you can read above, if you need a story, you can get one.

My point is simply that stories unsubstantiated and "similar" don't make the badge real. Nothing personal. I was hoping to keep it objective.

Nor am I saying I doubt Gablonz badges. You can't show a perfectly good IAB and then turn around and say I am doubting these. That's just deflection.

I will disagree that nothing above is "forensic". Similar is not forensic. If it were trials would be very short and everyone would be in jail after the first 2 minutes.

This forum evolved away from "similar" a long time ago. Saved everyone a lot of money and heartarche.

All I am asking for is the real forensic if you want to prove this badge, not deflection and similarities. I wouldn't trade my Juncker tomback for 50 of these based on the similarities.

Story: I was fortunate to meet a Fallschirmjager in Wiesbaden, Hermann Goring Division, two weeks ago. He has no badges, no uniform, but perfect memory. Born in 1924. They are out there but few and far between. If you showed him a "similar" badge, I would guess he would say, "yes it looks similar to mine, pin looks a bit different...". But that wouldn't be a good story for the badge would it?
                  Last edited by Brian S; 07-15-2016, 10:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian S
                    ... I wouldn't trade my Juncker tomback for 50 of these based on the similarities...

History is written by dealers
                    Brian no offense, try to focus on concrete things. We do not talk on an equal basis. Your English language is your native while I have to strive. Juncker badge are well researched and proven, so such a sentence is only bla bla bla.
                    KR
                    Jacek

Comment

Originally posted by e-maus View Post

...Juncker badge are well researched and proven
                      , ......

Jacek
                      EXACTLY, and this one is not...

Comment

Therefore, we learn, and I hope that we will reach to a consensus
                        Jacek

Comment

Originally posted by Stepdale View Post
                          I simply wanted to ask William about where the set came from and to discuss the case for mine and others' education. I've collected for a long time now and have bought many things directly from the veterans or their families and know a story is not always airtight and one needs always to evaluate items as objectively as possible. I don't "need" a story for any item, but as a somewhat-trained anthropologist/archaeologist I know trying to get the history of any artifact is vital to the process of understanding.

Dale
                          unfortunately, I do not have any provenance with the set, but nothing that was being sold (or other pieces that I bought with it) were reproduction.

Originally posted by Sebastien T View Post
                          I doubt the case and the ball hinge belong together. These cases would more suitable with the late war zinc juncker and BSW. A quick view on the inlet would be nice. If they were in something it would be a carton box or a packet IMO.

Seb
                          I will post some photos now. Do other Gablonz produced badges that came boxed have a true "ball hinge" style box inert or are they for a wider, rectangular hinge? I will say the badge fits in the case very nicely and isn't wobbling around or anything.

William Kramer
                          Attached Files
                          Please visit my site: https://wehrmacht-militaria.com/

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                                X