No announcement yet.

Ball Hinge Glider

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is a boxed example I have just picked up.

William Kramer
    Attached Files
    Please visit my site: https://wehrmacht-militaria.com/

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Beauty Bill, looks like another textbook example. Nice finish remaining too, and case is original as well. Nice set.

Tom
            If it doesn't have a hinge and catch, I'm not interested......well, maybe a little

New Book - The German Close Combat Clasp of World War II
            [/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
            Available Now - tmdurante@gmail.com

Comment

Yes, but... Stijn still not on board with these I think.

Comment

I can only echo Tom, beautiful set and georgous case

Seb
                The German Luftwaffe Pilot and Combined Pilot and Observer Badges of WWII 1933-1945
                Volume I & Volume II

sigpic

Now Available
                www.luftwaffepilotbook@gmail.com

Comment

Nice set William.

Comment

Is the case absolutely a perfect fit to the badge? All I can say is read the thread. If not the case could be for another badge. That would concern me.

Comment

Hi William
                      I don't always understand what Brian wants to say. My view is as yet unknown manufacturer, however, original badge of Gablonz. I can not afford true Buntmetall Juncker badge and this same me happy

Jacek

Comment

Brian is saying, "READ THE THREAD".

I give more weight to Stijn's opinion than anyone else's on the glider badges.

Personally, I like it. It doesn't fit the form of a fake but we all know there are some very good fakes so that just is not a good reason to "love it".

Read the thread.

If you believe in this badge I would like to see some real forensics on the ball hinge to other Gablonz down to a fraction of a millimeter.

Comment

I do believe these badges are wartime produced, but the question is, were they issued? I don't think so, most of these badges are in excellent condition for zinc, and show hardly any traces of being worn. If you check the statistics from Stijn.. more than 70 pilots visited.. no ball hinge present. That's a fact to think about.
                          If you want a representative glider badge for your collection i would not recommend the ball hinge due to reasons mentioned above. It's up to you if you believe in them,
                          nobody has rock solid proof that these are wartime or postwar. Based on hardware, finish etc there is a big chance these are very late. Till no further evidence, it stays controversial. The case is an accepted wartime original... but do they belong together?

NS

Comment

All three badge come from Gablonz. It is hard not to suspect that the producers do not cooperate with each other. Can be seen common characteristics hinges, of course other mounting. And as in the Flak and Glider hinge is similar / both unknown maker/ .Hinge IAB RSS is different but it's still the same school Gablonz

Jacek

Comment

Ball Hinge Stalag III provenance

Similar is not an answer.

Comment

No need for me to give any further thoughts on the badge - I'm firmly convinced the badge was produced pre-May 1945 in Gablonz and at least distributed through the LW supply system. I can't say whether or not it was ever actually issued to anybody or worn.

My question is - is the case an original one for a glider badge?

Also, William, do you have any provenance or at least a story to go with the set?
                                Thank you,
                                Dale

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 9 users online. 0 members and 9 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                                X