Paratrooper's badge opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paratrooper's badge opinions

Here's a maker marked B&L N I'm looking at. Just wondered if everything looks okay? These are the best pictures I have for right now. I asked the owner to send me some better ones.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by stephen grund; 05-24-2020, 05:13 PM.

Hello,

Interesting badge. It looks to me like an original Berg & Nolte in zinc. Eagle, wreath, and rivets all look good. But I don’t recall seeing that type of hinge, pin, catch, and catchplate on a B&N L Paratrooper Badge. As best as I can tell, an original badge with either replacement hardware or a factory hardware variation that I have not seen before.

Best regards,
    Tom
    Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

replacement hardware ,the badge is original IMO
      Carlo

Comment

This zink wreath of B&NL was made with recessed areas to place the hinge and catch in. B&NL has very unique parts on these pieces which are made out of coppper/tombak. This hinge and catch (and so pin) do not belong to this badge or maker at all.
        Kind regards,
        Giel

Check out our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Giels-Milit...5292741243193/

Comment

OK. That's it for me. WW2 German. Need a PHD.

Comment

I can only agree with the others, an original B&NL Para badge but with replaced hinge, pin and catch.

Tom
            If it doesn't have a hinge and catch, I'm not interested......well, maybe a little

New Book - The German Close Combat Clasp of World War II
            [/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
            Available Now - tmdurante@gmail.com

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X