Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie Help/Guidance: Juncker Paratrooper Badge

Gents -
    I'd like to get your opinions on this badge that I am seeing offered for sale.
    I apologize that one photo is blurry - I have asked for a better pic.

ALSO - I ADMIT UPFRONT my reference library is still not adequate! I have Seb's 2 volume reference set, the Scapini "Awards of the Luftwaffe" and S.T. Previtera's Vol 2 on Luftwaffe badges. However, I am betting Thomas D's book is the one to have when it comes to paratrooper badges! The copies listed on AMAZON.COM are way out of my price range for a reference book(!!) , but if someone can point me to a more affordable copy ...I would love to own a copy. I failed to look for one at the SoS.

From the limited references I have, I would love feedback to know if this attached Juncker badge is bad, or good. I suspect something is bad about it ... but I am not smart enough yet to sort it out. Thanks, Dan S.
    Attached Files

Hello Dan,

That one is a fake. Kinda Osang look and fake Juncker MM.

Seb
    The German Luftwaffe Pilot and Combined Pilot and Observer Badges of WWII 1933-1945
    Volume I & Volume II

sigpic

Now Available
    www.luftwaffepilotbook@gmail.com

Comment

Dan,
      Ditto what Seb stated, copied from an Osang eagle and wreath with a close but still bad maker mark.

And yes, Tom's para badge book is the go-to reference for these.
      Alan

Comment

Agree, a very common fake!

Comment

Thanks for the comments! ... I started seeing some irregularities in the Eagle feathers as well, after posting.
          I will keep on the look-out for available copies of Tom's book - probably harder to find than a rare maker's mark badge

Dan

Comment

Hi Dan,

Indeed a decent quality fake, nice base metals used but quite different design than original Juncker Para badges and relatively easy to spot when you know what to look for.

I know the Para book prices have skyrocketed over the last year since the book sold out, but keep your eye on the estand here at WAF sometimes they pop up from time to time.

Tom
            If it doesn't have a hinge and catch, I'm not interested......well, maybe a little

New Book - The German Close Combat Clasp of World War II
            [/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
            Available Now - tmdurante@gmail.com

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X