Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Minesweepers Badge Opinions

Hi All
    Posted this some time ago, Philllipe thought this may be an early buntmetall Otto Shickle piece, if this is the case could anybody give me more info as I don't seem to be able to find any other combat badges by this maker. Is this Shickle the same maker as the Iron Crosses?
    KR mike.c
    Attached Files

pic2
    Attached Files

Comment

I had a rare early one piece Aux. Cruiser by this maker. It was the only one I had ever seen.

John

Comment

Hi Mike!

Are you sure you got the maker correct? I have been told and have always considered mine to be an unmarked B.H. Mayer.
        Tim
        Attached Files

Comment

In this case, one of the mentioned makers does not exclude the other. Schickle seems to have used the same designs as BH Mayer (and Frank & Reif) for a number of its badges. All these makers were located in close proximity. So the badges shown here could theoretically be BH Mayer as well as Schickle.
          Schickle e.g. used that very hinge, pin and catch on his EK1s (the one style considered to be 100% ok).
          Cheers, Frank

Comment

Hi Frank!

Good to know and I guess that makes sense, as we have seen this style catch used by so many different makers as well, depending on what items were discussing.
            Tim

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X