badge kriegsmarine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

badge kriegsmarine

Hello the friends, I would like to know if this badge is authentic or a copy? For me it is an original and you? Thank you.

Attached Files
    Last edited by Norm F; 06-17-2017, 09:05 PM. Reason: uploaded the linked images

Badge kriegsmarine

The weight of the badge 43 grams.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Norm F; 06-17-2017, 09:07 PM. Reason: uploaded the linked images

Comment

A complete fake

Comment

sorry why?
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Norm F; 06-17-2017, 09:11 PM. Reason: uploaded the linked images

Comment

Badge kriegsmarine

For me he has a very good patina a good weight and of very beautiful finish I do not think whether it is a forgery.

Comment

I agree, this is doubtless cast fake unfortunately based on S&L s-boot. Looks like even the hinge was a part of casting form. One looker I must say.
            Cheers,
            Hubert

Comment

I agree,a fake based on the S&L award.

The catch is typically postwar,the overall detail is very poor as is the attempt to try and copy the S&L hinge variant.

Cheers,Martin.

Comment

Hi Sébastien,

As the others have said, unfortunately it's a crude fake like the badges you posted last December:
                http://wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/s...21#post7650321

Best regards,
                ---Norm

Comment

OK I think that you have false because the manufacturer S L na nothing has to see with this badge which has him no manufacturer how can be safe you of the fact that to move forward you for I is not of proof of statements.
                  Sorry guys but You have photos or proofs of what you say?
                  Thank you .
                  Last edited by John R.; 06-19-2017, 11:09 AM.

Comment

Sébastian, welcome as a new member to WAF. As you will become more familiar with this forum, you will find out that there a nice threads about the Kriegsmarine badges that show you what is good and what is fake. You will also get to knew members who have a lot af knowlegde in their collection area. If they say the badges are fake, you can rely on them. They have explained in several thread why, so happy reading!

Comment

Originally posted by martin w View Post
                      i agree,a fake based on the s&l award.

The catch is typically postwar,the overall detail is very poor as is the attempt to try and copy the s&l hinge variant.

Cheers,martin.
                      +1!

Comment

Originally posted by Sébastien petit View Post
                        OK I think that you have false because the manufacturer S L na nothing has to see with this badge which has him no manufacturer how can be safe you of the fact that to move forward you for I is not of proof of statements.
                        Sorry gays but You have photos or proofs of what you say?
                        Thank you .
                        Hi.

The members commented on this badge have a huge knowledge and can be trusted.
                        I would always rely on their opinion.

Regards
                        Christian

Comment

Originally posted by compressore View Post
                          Hi.

The members commented on this badge have a huge knowledge and can be trusted.
                          I would always rely on their opinion.

Regards
                          Christian
                          Fully agree with you!

Comment

Yes

Some of the hobbys best experts have identified it as fake.
                            Also it's a very poor fake, so absolutely no chance it's good.

Please take a look around the forum and learn. You have come
                            to the right place.

BR
                            Nicolai

Comment

Originally posted by Sébastien petit View Post
                              Sorry gays but You have photos or proofs of what you say?
                              Thank you .
                              Hi Sébastien,

This is the type of comparison you have to do to gain experience in the hobby. Side-by-side comparisons clearly show that your badge is a casting of the S&L-design S-Boat. You can see that the faker simply cast the shape of the hinge along with the badge because he was too lazy to find real hardware.

Best regards,
                              ---Norm
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X