• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two U-Boat Clasps in Bronze

Hello,
    the pics came from one a military site.

the first one is supporting by a story,
    that in past, it was a part of the Gibson British 8th army haul of items.

the second according to their opinion is a Bronzed U Boat Clasp being the 1st type in the style often encountered on Luftwaffe flight bars.

is it worth to get if only one of them ?
    any opinions are welcomed

Thank you in advance
    Alex

the First one

the Second

IMO the first is a very nice original clasp, the second i have some reservations about. I don't like the colour of the finish, also the lack of detail to the lettering or the hinge.

Comment

I agree with the first one showing all characteristics of an original. I'm not familiar enough with the 1st type to comment on the second pictured badge, but would initially have the same concerns expressed by Patrick.
      Richard V

Comment

Thank's to
        Richard and Patrick for their opinions

However, I still do not know,
        to be, or not to be

Comment

Hi Alex,

The first one is 100% original and in wonderfull condition, no problem there.

Taking in to account that I'm not aware of fake 1 pattern U-boat clasps and only going on the obverse I would like to think that that badge is OK too. The only thing that bothers me a bit is that soft look of the reverse. Better pics are needed here.

KR
          Philippe

Comment

Originally posted by Philippe DB
            Hi Alex,

The first one is 100% original and in wonderfull condition, no problem there.

Taking in to account that I'm not aware of fake 1 pattern U-boat clasps and only going on the obverse I would like to think that that badge is OK too. The only thing that bothers me a bit is that soft look of the reverse. Better pics are needed here.

KR
            Philippe
            Thank you,
            Philippe

concerning to the better pic of the second badge,
            unfortunately, most likely I will not be able to get it

All the Best
            Alex

Comment

Hi Alex I agree with the earlier comments the first one is an original . The second one shown (the 1st pattern) i believe to be original too. However i have two concerns about the back. The hinge is i believe sitting futher forward than normal (at first i thought it was a longer pin)
              also the weaker mm is another concern although that is not uncommon. If you are only buying one the first is a definate the second a good possible. All the best.

Comment

Dear Alex,

The 1st pattern clasp is also 100% right and one of the best I have ever seen. That bright finish is textbook for a 1st pattern example in this condition. The weak letters do not disturb me, some of them are clustered with solder, the pic also lacks in sharpness that could be another reason or they ARE just a bit weaker on this example, which would also be ok. I do not see any concerns with the position of the hinge.
                Cheers, Frank

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Heukemes
                  Dear Alex,

The 1st pattern clasp is also 100% right and one of the best I have ever seen. That bright finish is textbook for a 1st pattern example in this condition. The weak letters do not disturb me, some of them are clustered with solder, the pic also lacks in sharpness that could be another reason or they ARE just a bit weaker on this example, which would also be ok. I do not see any concerns with the position of the hinge.
                  Dear Frank,
                  Thank you, for supporting me
                  in my interest.
                  now I really do not know, which one is more attractive

All the best
                  Alex

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,731 at 02:37 PM on Today.

Working...
                  X