Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 x Coastal Artillery Badges any good?

Hello,
    I have been offered these 2 CABs, normally the ones I get offered turn out to be rubbish, anyway here they are, if they are real which one should I go for or are they too rough, they are £75($110) each.
    Opinions much appreciated.
    David
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

The 2nd CAB
        Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Dave,

I will comment on the first one to start. It is a zinc period example but in my opinion, the money would be better spent on a relatively outstanding condition example of a CA badge. I think the presented badge is too rough and there is no way to determine if it was this way in May 1945 or made this way in 1986 through poor storage.

This SB example has little value due to many reasons including denazified or heavily corroded symbol and overall condition. I would not think much more about it if I was you.

Just me, but go for the best examples you can find unless the badge has decent provenance since hard to recover money spent if you decide to sell it later. For a small amount of additional money, you can find a much nicer example by some maker out there. Just be patient, look at estand here for leads and to get valuations, start looking at various dealer sites and keep a record of what they want for good conditioned badges. John

Comment

I will let others comment on the second example, discussed often here.

John

Comment

Hi David,
                Both zincers are original The unmarked one is S&L and this is the most common variant of all CABs. You can get one of these S&Ls in better condition easily, same with the Schwerin badge which had very bad time. I enclose same Schwerin zincer in better shape to show how nice this badge can be.
                Cheers,
                Hubert
                Attached Files

Comment

and here are my two crimped S&Ls for comparison, the bottom is copper plated, as is the Schwerin posted above.
                  Cheers,
                  Hubert
                  Attached Files

Comment

Thank you for the comments, well nice to know they were real, but I will not bother with them and wait for something better.

Comment

Be patient David. These types are not rare by any means in relative terms of the hobby.

John

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X