Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

interesting, thank you for sharing!!

Comment

Hi, found this link and wanted to share this one with you. As is quoted below the Uboat archive hade several of these badges in their collection when i visited in the 1990s. This one i actually recieved as a thank you gift from Mr Horst Bredow himself at the museum as a thank you for some help i gave him.

//Petrus

Originally posted by Norm F View Post
      From Gordon Williamson's posting on GMIC in 2011:

"I recall the box full of original enamel Sawfish badges that were discovered in the stores of a badge maker in France some years back, perfect little pieces and of superior quality. They were donated as a gift to the U-Boot Archiv.

The little green enamel sawfish badges were, at the time, sold off by the Archive to raise funds, (they wouldn't do that with items donated by ex-U-Boat crew themselves but as they got a box load of these for free keeping a sample for the Archive collection and using the rest to raise funds was a sensible idea). They really should have charged much more for them even back then. I recall buying one for just £10 ! You couldn't even buy a fake one for that price now, let alone an original. I seem to remember though that you could only buy a single example."

From £10 back then to €560 on E-bay in 2016. Someone made a good investment.

Best regards,
      ---Norm
      Attached Files

Comment

These are REALLY Great pieces !!!! Tom

Comment

if original...wow

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X