Auxillary Cruiser Opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Auxillary Cruiser Opinions

This is an Auxillary Cruiser badge that I have had awhile but did not have a way to take good pictures. But... now that my dear wife received a decent digital camera for Christmas, she took pictures of it for me to post. I am relatively certain it is a Juncker. What do you guys think?

Best regards,
    Terrence

reverse 1

Comment

reverse 2

Comment

reverse 3

Comment

Hi Terrence,

Looks like a nice quality Juncker piece. I don't have my files in front of me, but I don't seen anything to worry about. I'll check tonight when I get home, but I am sure a few others will chime in before that.

Nice finish on these Juncker pieces.

Tom D.
          If it doesn't have a hinge and catch, I'm not interested......well, maybe a little

New Book - The German Close Combat Clasp of World War II
          [/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
          Available Now - tmdurante@gmail.com

Comment

Hi Terrence

I agree with Tom, looks like a very nice example. Here is mine to compare it with, for sure one of my favourite KM badges

KR
            Philippe
            Attached Files

Comment

reverse
              Attached Files

Comment

I don't think a novice like me need even add, but yes I'd concur that is indeed a Juncker in very nice condition......they both are !

Kr

Marcus

Comment

It looks like a fine Juncker to me also. Here's mine.
                  George

Comment

Reverse.
                    George

Comment

Greetings,

Nice original unmarked Juncker Aux. badge Terrence.

@Philippe, can you post a close up of the crack in the wreath. Sorry to be a bother, any thoughts on that. I am just curious as to how you think it got there. I am not doubting the badges authenticity, rather I am trying to get as much information as I can on die flaws or pieces that were manufactured a little less than perfect. I really look forward to anything that you can add.

Best Regards,
                      Joe
                      What we do in life ehoes in eternity.

Comment

Dear Joe,

Here you go. IMO it certainly isn't a die flaw it's somekind of stress crack. Since the badge itself isn't bend in any way I would like to think that at one time it probably fell with the crack as a result.

KR
                        Philippe
                        Attached Files

Comment

crack 2
                          Attached Files

Comment

crack 3
                            Attached Files

Comment

Hello Philippe,

Thank you ever so much for taking the trouble to shoot the pics of the crack. In this case I agree that the crack has nothing to do with a die flaw of any kind. I do believe that this crack occured when the badge was being made,but, I do not think it is a stress crack in the sense that the wreath cracked do to excessive pressure. I do think it maybe a result of not enough material be employed during the process or the metal composite did not contain enough brass........pure speculation. I also don't think the badge cracked as a result of something that may have occured during wear only because of the content of different metals used would make it somewhat tolerable to that sort of stress...again speculation.

I find it very interesting that the QC tolerance was able to let the piece through at the stage of the war.........early enough to keep things on the straight and narrow.......especially with the typical high standards in German engineering and a passion for perfection.

I don't mean to make a big deal about this, but, I do find these types of pieces extremely interesting, actually anything that is original and falls out of the box, is very interesting to me.

Thank you again Philippe, I really appriciate it. Have you come across many original pieces that are less than perfect ? I myself have handled about a dozen.........kinda like finding a coin that is double struck or something isn't 100% correct and made it through the mint inspectors.

Best Regards,
                              Joe
                              What we do in life ehoes in eternity.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X