Cloth E-Boat badge, big and ugly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rick C View Post
    Not to belabor this further but, as I mentioned before, there’s controversy about Bacqueville badges as well.
    At least for the idiosyncratic "French-made" (formerly "Bacqueville") zincers there are several separate examples from U.S. vets with probable (if unverifiable) anecdotes of being brought back from France post-war, and they're known in the memories of mainstream collectors as far back as 1970. Also they're often with consistent packaging that fits with the theory of unofficial, unissued stock.

In contrast, these unofficial oversized cloth patches, all similarly "aged and worn" are turning up in quantity in the last year or two, predominantly in the U.K. So on careful consideration and comparison, these are not analogous scenarios, and I expect a "belief poll" on these would yield very different numbers from those seen on the "Bacqueville" poll.

Best regards,
    ---Norm

Comment

Originally posted by Norm F View Post
      At least for the idiosyncratic "French-made" (formerly "Bacqueville") zincers there are several separate examples from U.S. vets with probable (if unverifiable) anecdotes of being brought back from France post-war, and they're known in the memories of mainstream collectors as far back as 1970. Also they're often with consistent packaging that fits with the theory of unofficial, unissued stock.

In contrast, these unofficial oversized cloth patches, all similarly "aged and worn" are turning up in quantity in the last year or two, predominantly in the U.K. So on careful consideration and comparison, these are not analogous scenarios, and I expect a "belief poll" on these would yield very different numbers from those seen on the "Bacqueville" poll.

Best regards,
      ---Norm
      Damn Norm, I just love those five and six syllable words. What makes it even better is that you are using them in the proper context!!
      Tim

Comment

Originally posted by Norm F View Post

Best regards,
        ---Norm
        All the cloth badges shown on the thread seem to have the same aging, especially to the backing.
        Iam Uncle Sam
        That’s who Iam
        Been hiding out
        In a rock and roll band

Comment

Originally posted by greg1878 View Post
          Norm I see at least a couple of these at every UK fair, usually with cloth HSF next to them.
          Fleet badge. Ireland.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Norm F; 05-01-2015, 02:09 PM.

Comment

and another from the UK.
            Attached Files

Comment

another example of the S-Boat, identically "worn and tunic-removed" as all the others.
              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X